i have a couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a couple of questions

I just found the beginning of May I have ms. I just gave my 4th injection on thurs. Yesterday. The last 3 injections went ok no blood but this one it bruised and there is a bump and there were a lot of blood. My question did I not do it right? Did I not get it in the muscle? My other question is does anyone have the cooling vest?and which ones r better?the one with the ice pack or the one without?

as i can not see the injection site sounds like you hit a vessel. in that case, the bruising and bump all fit.

Comment

Regardless of the injection therapy you are taking, the company that produces it has a support system--you can call them with any questions you have. Generally, you'd be talking to a nurse and he/she will be familiar with everything connected to the medication, whether it's side effects, injection site reactions or something else. Congratulations on starting the disease modifying drugs--it's a difficult step. As my first neurologist told me, it's just not natural to poke holes in yourself

I got the cooling vest with the ice packs, and I don't like it. With the ice packs all loaded into all those little pockets, the vest is pretty heavy. They don't stay cold very long--they give you two sets of the ice packs so you can wear one/freeze one--but they don't re-freeze fast enough.

The main thing though is that it just feels icky. When the ice packs start warming up, they produce condensation, just like the outside of your glass of iced tea. That leaves you wearing a heavy, ineffective, damp vest. If you live in Phoenix, that might be a good thing, but anywhere there's high humidity--icky. I know others will have differing opinions--that's just my experience.
      Peg

Comment

I have an arctic heat cooling vest. I like it, but it does get you wet as it thaws. It is appropriate for outdoor use, probably not for the office. I have found the best way to stay cool is to not ingest anything hot. For example, I drink coffee on ice now. I will eat warm food, but you probably won't see me eat a hot bowl of soup very often.

I agree with the others on the support system. Call the hotlines, they will be glad to help. They want to keep you as a customer.

Comment

Assuming you are on Avonex, you might want to ask for the shorter thinner needles, ( 1" 25 gauge), less chance of a bruising injection.
          Since I've started using them, I have only had injection that bled alot. It happens, you really didn't do anything wrong.

I use a Coolsport Classic vest with phase change icepacks. I have never gotten damp or had any condensation issues. Tell them you have MS and you get an extra discount.

Comment

Working...
          X