stiff muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stiff muscles

hello everyone. I have a dilemma and not sure if it is MS related. I woke up this morning and all my muscles from head to toe are stiff and painful. I was diagnosed with MS in May 2009 and in October was found to have a new lesion in my cerebrum that affected balance, gait and was always dizzy. I also have other multiple brain lesions. LP's have been negative and I take copaxone.
    I have pretty much ruled out everything else but the MS. I am very new to MS and what it does to the body.
    If anyone can help me to understand I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

ok i will try.

i have stiff muscles when i wake up too, although not painful.

Im in a bit of a relapse right now so the muscles are pretty much always stiff and weak.

when not in a relapse, I explain that it is kinda like when it is a bright day and you've been outside for awhile. you come back in (or visa versa) It takes awhile for your eyes to ajust.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Stiffness can be common and is known as spasticity. There are medications that can help but exercise and stretching can also be helpful.

Waking up stiff and sore is common for me, some mornings it's worse than others. Many mornings my day starts of with stretching exercises.

Here is more information about spasticity:
      http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ity/index.aspx
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

HELP!

How do you guys experience your spasticity progression? Mine is scaring me alittle. It seemed to move up my body alittle more everyday. Legs feel more numb, heavy like they're filled with concrete. That started with my feet, then calves, knees, thighs etc. About 4 in the morning I wake up totally rigid up to my chest now its scary at night...I'm claustrophobic and it makes that worse. Does anyone have a medtronic baclofen pump? How bad did it get before your DR suggested it? Help!
        Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X