Shaking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaking!

I was wondering does anyone else shake a lot. Ie hands and feet. Is this an M.S. Symptom?

I don't shake, but do get the occasionally twitch.

I have read here that there are many that do have the shakes, or tremors. Is that the same thing?

Comment

ah some else that shakes. I do it started in my right hand now I have whole body tremors. sucks. along with no balance.
      Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

Yes, Tremors (shaking) can be a MS symptom. Here is more information about tremors:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...mor/index.aspx
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Yup!

Yes, my hands often shake, sometimes even my feet. Mostly happens when I overheat, which doesn't take much.

Good Luck.
          -Creede

Comment

My head tremors and at first they said it was essential tremor some still do but most of my ms referral docs say its from my ms lesions, it was one of my earliest sxs with muscle pain down side after that and now hand tremor that comes and goes.

They ruled out parkinsins and Ive timed out on it too Id be all stiff by now.

So yes I have tremor it can get quite bad when my sxs flair and Im fatigued or ill. Its always present in varying degrees. Meds arent needed tho' since I can function and tremor is very hard to treat without feeling all doped up plus they can stop working so I dont want to treat till I must.

It bothers others more them it does me honestly.

I can function well, I mean when its bad bad I do spill and so then I use a water bottle, people do notice it, especially my head they ask if Im nervous or they treat me all baby ish' and I say..is my head shaking? They sorta blush and I say oh thats just a thing I have Im not nervous at all.

I also feel inside trembling a lot.

good luck to you

Comment

I just came across this link in a post on muscle fatigue here its great, thanks to orig' poster :http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms...r_overview.htm

Comment

I will also put link under my profile for you click around youll see it its the about . com link

Comment

Yes, when I am extremely nervous, I even had one guy approach me, telling me I made him nervous. If standing takes its toll on the rest of me, very sore on the side that doesn't shake. Try to control - stop it - doesn't last very long, (half hour) and effects only the weak side/left. Blurry vision disturbing me more lately, and know will be rough summer.

Comment

I also shake. When I have inside tremors I call it having a shaky day. I have essential tremor where I lightly shake most of the time, and I have intention tremor where when I reach my hands out to do something they shake really hard. Writing is a pain. (And I can remember practicing my signature over and over as teenager so it would be pretty LOL)
                    Mis-Diagnosed with Parkinson's for 1 year.
                    Now being watched and tested for Neurological Movement Disorder, most likely MS.

Comment

I have had tremors for over 3 yrs. now,have gotten worse.I was diag. on April 23rd of this yr with MS.I just started on Avonex for my MS,my neurologist put me on Inderal for my tremors didnt help,so I've done some research on diff meds for treating of tremors but they all seem to make u feel more tired,which I dont need.I have tremors in my hands and they have gone into my legs now.It really affects my work and other things.Hopefully I will find something to make it better.
                      mandm3243

Comment

Tremors

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have not been diagnosed with MS but I believe that I have it. I am a Dentist and the first symptoms I noticed were tremors while numbing patients. This started about 6 months ago and has gradually become worse to the point that the tremors were happening all the time while working on patients. Initially, I ( and my MD) felt I was having anxiety attacks but then a couple of weeks ago my left arm and leg went "numb" and I felt dizzy and my balance was way off. I have not been able to see patients since then because the hand tremors are still present. My MD put me on propranolol and I am scheduled next week for an MRI and appt with neurologist. Concerning the tremors, once they start do they ever go away and are any meds better than others? Thanks Jeff

Comment

The tremors going away. What I have been told is the longer you have a symptom the more chance of it sticking with you permanetly. Mine was numbness of my left foot from the ankle down and some shaking. Meds are by trial, some work for some people and do not work for others. Just do not automaticly think that a med is better just because it is newer or been out longer, but I guess you already know this being a Dentite. A lot of good people on here all the time feel free to ask any questions.

Comment

I'VE HAD MY TREMORS FOR OVER 3 YRS NOW,AND THEY HAVE GOTTEN WORSE,MY NEURO PUT ME ON A BETA BLOCKER TOO IT DIDN'T WORK.MY TREMORS HAVE ONLY GOTTEN WORSE.I'M IN THE DENTAL FIELD ALSO AND IT REALLY AFFECTS MY WORK ALSO.I AM GOING TO SEE MY NEURO IN A COUPLE WEEKS AND ASK IF THERE IS A MEDICATION I CAN TAKE TO HELP WITH THE TREMORS.

Comment

Yepo me too. Some days, I have to take one of the kids with me to write checks....cannnot write at all....Other days, I have a shaky right leg if I stand too long.

yeah, I also understand the good side getting sore....try to overcompensate and then i have my whole body hurting.

JudySz

Comment

Working...
                              X