I've agreed to use Ampyra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've agreed to use Ampyra.

It sounds like a promising drug and I'm willing to give it a shot.
    Without hope there's nothing.

Can you guys share your experience with this new drug?

Comment

Hope you do well.
      Dx 4/04
      Copaxone 5/04-3/05
      Rebif 4/05-present

Comment

ms man

I've been reading so much on ampyra on this board, I have an app't with neuro on the 8th, I want to try it too! Good Luck!
        Maria

Comment

Me too ms man- I saw my neuro a few days ago and he is going to check on getting that for me.

I see a lot of info on these boards here (just starting to get through it all). But from what I have seen so far--I'm ready to try it too!!

Comment

Glad to see people posting on this thread.I know it's very new but I've been hearing great things about Ampyra.

Comment

ampyra

definitely try it, I have brrn on it 2 wks & just started 2 a day, can definitely see an improvement in walking & balance & haven't had the full dose except or the pat 2 days. Spasticity still but hopeful that will improve when have more of the full dose. I started a tread the day I started it. Good Luck, keep us posed so we can all help eachother. No side effects @ all,

Comment

Originally posted by JMom View Post
                definitely try it, I have brrn on it 2 wks & just started 2 a day, can definitely see an improvement in walking & balance & haven't had the full dose except or the pat 2 days. Spasticity still but hopeful that will improve when have more of the full dose. I started a tread the day I started it. Good Luck, keep us posed so we can all help eachother. No side effects @ all,
                Glad that it's working out for U.Hope it does the same for me.I'm supposed to do 2 a day when I get it.Why haven't you done the full amount?

Comment

AMPRYA

Originally posted by ms man View Post
                  Glad that it's working out for U.Hope it does the same for me.I'm supposed to do 2 a day when I get it.Why haven't you done the full amount?
                  I just started full dose now after tonight, 4 days ago. Not really sure why I didn't start on full dose except I think they wanted to watch to see for side effects. i am thin for my height so I think it might of been too much 4 me. No side effects so far, I heard you have to be on it a full 2 wks b4 u get all the benefits. Hope u r doing well!!! Keep us posted!!

PS Used to live in N Bergen after college, loved the town I lived in.

Comment

I have been on it for 2 months now and am happy to say I have not had any side effects. I wasn't sure it was doing anything for me until I missed taking it one morning and about half way through the work day I noticed I was wiped out! I don't think it is a miracle drug but I think it has helped me.

I had some issues with my prescription provider in the beginning and had make many calls before I finally got the medication shipped to me but the refills have been a breeze. I only hope that when it's time to renew the rx it goes smoothly!
                    Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

Originally posted by JMom View Post
                      I just started full dose now after tonight, 4 days ago. Not really sure why I didn't start on full dose except I think they wanted to watch to see for side effects. i am thin for my height so I think it might of been too much 4 me. No side effects so far, I heard you have to be on it a full 2 wks b4 u get all the benefits. Hope u r doing well!!! Keep us posted!!

PS Used to live in N Bergen after college, loved the town I lived in.
                      Thanks for your input.North Bergen is still a pretty cool, diverse town.It's a lot like NYC.It's only 7 miles from Times Square and yet feels like a suburb.

Keep up posted of your Ampryl experience.I'll do the same.

Comment

I'm waiting for my first shipment.I'll pop and post as soon as I get it.

Comment

I recieved my first shipment of Ampyra and took my first tab at 8:58 AM.I'm taking my next pill at about 8:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X