A question about muscle fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about muscle fatigue

Tell me if this is classic muscle fatigue. I've never been sure of this.

Any little thing I do or try to do causes my hands and arms to shake. Like pulling weeds or clipping weeds or mowing or scrubbing dishes etc. All these little actions cause my arm and hand muscles to shake for awhile. It doesn't take much either. I only barely try to do these things.

Thanks
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hello Marti

What you're experiencing sounds more like tremors.

Here is a good article about tremors. See if this is what you're experiencing, and post back here if you want to, and let us know if this is what you mean:

http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms...r_overview.htm

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The way I determine the difference between muscle fatigue and tremors is this: If I start to do the activity and shake from the beginning I chalk it up to tremors. However, if I start out fine, and as the activity progresses find myself getting jerky or shaking, or sit down after I've done something and start shaking, then I chalk it up to muscle fatigue.

Comment

I have the same thing happen and I chalk it up to mucsle fatigue and/or weakness. Usually when you rest up a bit it goes away right? Try doing some strength training exercises lgiht weights or soup can etc. to build up a bit and hopefully it will improve for ya.
        "So, perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that we have, and then, when that is no longer possible, to make music with all that we have left." UNKN

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hello Marti

What you're experiencing sounds more like tremors.

Here is a good article about tremors. See if this is what you're experiencing, and post back here if you want to, and let us know if this is what you mean:

http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms...r_overview.htm

Take care,
          KoKo
          Thank you for that article. My tremors relax when I am resting. But when I am trying to read a book holding my tremors start. Standing is the worse for me. I was told is was a (Familial tremor passed from family members,not MS.) But still I am trying hard to rule out MS.
          Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

This sounds a lot like intention tremor. Have you mentioned it to your PCP?
            Take care,
            Janice

Comment

Working...
            X