Update to do u have spasms with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to do u have spasms with MS

Been admitted to the hospital twice in one week ( on call doc discharged me but without admitting dr approval-oops!) anyway, 2x in one week with extreme spasticity and seizure like activity.... Local yahoo Neuro tells me I don't have MS and he starts a battery of useless testing while telling my family he thinks my problem is really "emotional". My Neuro is 3 hours away and I was not able to get him at first. After yahoo talks to me like I'm crazy, tells me I do Not have MS and pulls the emotional crap-- I have myself discharged dispite being SICK and go to see my normal Neuro today... As it turns out I am in a flare and having spinal seizures (possibly) trying meds to see if they stop the episodes.... Can Not believe this local idiot!!

wow what a rough time you've had, i'm so sorry. Often e.r. doc's do not "get" it. As you know MS is hard enough to dx for our regular docs, so yea e.r. doc's cant get it.

I went to e.r. 3x in major pain and heard i was nuts I didn't have ms, i'm just stressed lol. so i hear ya.

glad you went to your regular neuro. 3 hours is really far away. what can you do next time you have a flare, does he have a number of someone another doc you can contact?

glad you got to your regular doctor.
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Oh I would sue his a**.

Comment

Sunshine- i just recently moved from the area where my neuro is located closer to. I decided to stick with him bc i trust him So much!! It is rough with him being so far away though... He prescribed sublingual meds ( can't think of name right now) and valuum To hopefully stop the spasms/seizure activity long enough to get to him and said if we ( my mom is a paramedic) cant get them stopped---go to the local ER for them to stop them and Call HIM... I do not understand why people who don't understand MS just want to dismiss it! This yahoo even said my physical and Neuro exam shows Classic MS but still said I did not have it!

Lol thinkKim! I honestly thought about it

Comment

Spasms, contractions, jerking, muscle movements (uncontrolled) buzzing, weakness, zinging, burning, yep all in one body at one time, mostly my left leg, side and arm. When I went to my Neuro on wed she sent me right over to start iv solumedrol. The past 6 days have been Hell. I could only work 1/2 days wed & thurs, took today off, my brain has been on MS vacation.... speech, word searching & losing. (Thankfully have a great company, crew and boss, they are very understanding.)

So yeah those wonderful spasms are a real blast.

Sdickerson1 is there a local dr that your neuro could recommend you see locally to help you until you can be seen by him/her? If you ask you may get a good result. Or maybe he could even send records down there that you could take in during an emergency?

I am thinking of doing just that. I know that journals are recommended and the Doc just told me to get a 3 ring binder so that I can take in to her. She can copy them and keep them in my file. (I like that idea) Also all of meds past and present. I will keep them all in my new Avonex pack, so we can grab & run if needed.

Best of luck to you, I sure hope that your spasms are getting more under control now. They are Sooooo nasty!

Debbie

Comment

Working...
          X