Spiritual Causes of MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiritual Causes of MS

I'm just starting to explore the (possible) spiritual causes of MS.

For example, I read (online) that Dr. Norman Shealy suggested people with MS might have suppressed anger and resentment towards family members (mostly parent figure)

Carolyn Myss said MS people could be rensentful, fearful and dependent.

Any others? (please post source if you can)

If any of that were true, atleast 3/4ths of the popoulation would have MS.

Comment

seriously.......?
      "Tona Naze"
      Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

Comment

Causes of MS????
        Naw, I don't think so. MS might "cause" those issues, but not the opposite.

Comment

When it rains, it rains on everyone

Comment

Thoughts along this line are the same modernized versions of the ancient eastern medicines that refer to blocked Chi. Yes I think stress or spiritual blockages can cause diseases of all kinds. We need balance in our lives.

All that talk about angry parenting stems from Freud. But don't blame your parents for having MS that's taking it too far.

Comment

Cause of MS

Are you kidding? What a crock of ******! People will believe anything.

Comment

Originally posted by candycane View Post
                I'm just starting to explore the (possible) spiritual causes of MS.

For example, I read (online) that Dr. Norman Shealy suggested people with MS might have suppressed anger and resentment towards family members (mostly parent figure)

Carolyn Myss said MS people could be rensentful, fearful and dependent.

Any others? (please post source if you can)
                Suppressed anger, resentment, fear and dependency are psychological states, not spiritual states.

I have not seen anything from any sources I consider scientifically sound identifying psychological states as possible causes of MS.

Comment

When my husband was first diagnosed I went to a lunch at the home of a friend from my church. Lots of other ladies were there along with a mother-in-law of one of them.

The women were asking how my husband was and when this woman found out he had MS she loudly said "he needs to forgive, that's what caused the MS."

I've never been so angry in my life but got up and walked away from her. I've been a Christian for 40 years and have been taught not to judge and to live and love as Christ lived and loved.

If she thought she was being encouraging it sure didn't work. Even 6 years later it makes me mad. My husband has MS because he has MS. Someday the researchers will find out the cause but it's certainly not because "he needs to forgive someone."

We all need to forgive someone, that's a fact of life. Sorry, I'm finding myself ranting.
                  Husband Dx'd in 2006. Currently on Tysabri, Gabapentin, Ampyra, Baclofen..

Comment

Extreme Stress

I think I had a symptom here and there over the years. I took a PC Support job I was TOTALLY unsuited for with illogical directions of how to work.
                    I quit with no notice and got back my old job.
                    My first attack started about 3 weeks later and lasted for about 3 months.

Many things can trigger I think but that is what triggered it for me.
                    techie
                    Another pirated saying:
                    Half of life is if.
                    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                    Dogs Rule!

Comment

There is little doubt that a sound mind helps make for a sound body. A very disturbed mind will be more susceptible to health issues. But my myelin didn't disintegrate because of any spiritual matters.

Comment

This is along the lines of; You have MS because you hate yourself.
                        It puts the cause back on us like we willed ourselves to be misserable.
                        I don't appreciate this idea much at all.

Even if it were true, where does that leave us? Just decide to love ourselves and the MS goes away?

The only part of myself that I hate is the MS symptoms.
                        MS is hard to love but I am not MS. I live with MS.

Comment

from way this thread seems to be going no there isn't anyone else here so far that believes that there are "spirtual" causes to MS.

it's a medical ailment, source of actual disease who knows. so no i dont' have any sources to supply any other spirtual causes for the disease.

in life sometimes things just happen and us as human's want to find a "reason" why and somtimes there is no logical reason. sometimes things just are what they are.

Jen Dx'd 5/11
                          "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Although stress (AKA: anger) is likely one of the contributing factors that lead to developing MS, it is by no means the cause.
                            LOL, I have yet to met anyone that does not have suppressed anger and resentment towards family members, and using Dr, Shealy logic people with MS might have tend to eat, drink and breath.

Just like almost all thing in life there is a spiritual cause, that being because we are here on earth for the simple reason to experience and learn from and thus spiritually grow from things we can not experience in heaven.
                            So MS is not a punishment for past actions, nor a test to get into heaven.
                            It is simple an earthly experience so you true heavenly soil will be better for having the GOD given lesion/experience.
                            Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I'm sure this will get a few responses but Louise Hay in her book 'You Can Heal Your Life' says MS is due to 'mental hardness, hard -heartedness, iron will, inflexible and fear.

I am a very spiritual person but I am not too sure I agree with her.

She also claims if you have problems say with your neck you are inflexible. My DH says it is probably more likely cause you fell off a motorbike or the likes
                              Diagnosed 10 years.
                              Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X