Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods?

I must confess that I take you for granted. Thank you for your volunteerism, but.....

Who are you guys???

How do you get your jobs? Is there a "head-mod"? How many of you are there? Is there a training course? Do you have "hours" you have to work? Can a mod be "reported" on by a member? Can a mod be "fired"?! I really don't know how these sites come together and I feel really ignorant as I post away, not really getting what this really is!
    Tawanda

Sparky is the "head mod." It says so right under her name on all her posts: Message Board Administrator.

She should be the one to answer your questions, so I'll bow out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
      I must confess that I take you for granted. Thank you for your volunteerism, but.....

Who are you guys???
      We're just a bunch of folks with MS. We're working on a "Who We Are" page that should help put faces to names.
      And there are many, many more than just "us mods". There are Chat Hosts, Creative Center folks, Resource Center folks, Events coordinator, Web & Technical people, the team that puts out the Express newsletter each week, the FaceBook team, etc. And of course our founder, Kathleen. All Volunteers. And All with MS.

How do you get your jobs?
      I got mine by begging! Seriously, when I was diagnosed I was a basket case. MSWorld saved my life on many occasions. After I started feeling a little better I begged Sparky10 to let me volunteer; to give back.

Is there a "head-mod"?
      That would be Sparky10

How many of you are there?
      I've lost count! The last list I saw there were about 35 or so.

Is there a training course?
      It depends on the function.

Do you have "hours" you have to work?
      It's flexible

Can a mod be "reported" on by a member? Can a mod be "fired"?!
      Sure. That's what the "contact us" button is for at the bottom of the screen!

I really don't know how these sites come together and I feel really ignorant as I post away, not really getting what this really is!
      We don't ever want to be a mystery to our members. We are not "the great Oz behind the curtain"!!! We're just folks with MS trying to make other folks with MS have a better day. Our mantra is "Living each day better, together."

Does that help dispel any mystery?

Be well,

Comment

Tawanda
        What a great thread and series of questions. I bet all of us have had those questions cross our brain.

For some reason in my head Sparky was a guy.

I would love to know all the reasons people chose their usernames but it might be personal for some. Some names are great
        Diagnosed 10 years.
        Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

I mean Sticky not Sparky
          Diagnosed 10 years.
          Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

Originally posted by NickyOz View Post
            I mean Sticky not Sparky
            You had it right the first time.

Comment

What a great time to say "THANKS"

What a good thread. While it shouldn't take a thread to remind all of us to say thanks, I'm going to use it to say THANKS!!!!

I know that nothing beats the opinion of your doctors,but all of you here go a long way in helping us get through our days with your opinions and helpful advice. And knowing that the small thing we see as a big thing is normal or that letting us know that many have passed this way with the same problem is a common thing with us MSer's goes a long way in easing our minds until we see a doctor or helping us realize we are not all going crazy.

And to ALL of the people on here that take time to post replies to my threads, I'd like to say thanks for the encouragement and help/advice. I don't always get back in a timely manner to say thanks...so...Thanks!

But to the mods and the whole team....THANKS AGAIN !! You are all awesome!

Comment

Wow...

I'm impressed. My appreciation goes out to the entire staff!

And thank you Tawanda.... for a thread we all should have thought of long ago.

Jer

Comment

interesting stuff

'cause I too have been wondering.

(and wanna say a very shy and grateful thanks)
                  *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

My thanks to all the Mods and volunteers too!

You all seems so grounded in your journey with MS. Never hear a whine or vent - just solid and caring information to pass on. I really have to appreciate that. (maybe you whine on your own time, but never here )

Kudos to you all!!!!!
                    Seasha
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sparky
                      I LOVE your link about the people who work on MS world but which one are you
                      Diagnosed 10 years.
                      Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for this thread. I have always wondered those same questions and never brave enough to ask.

Thank you to everyone who volunteers to make MS World what it is.

For me it's a bit of sanity in my world that is insane. It lets me know I am not the only going through this, as I don't know anyone personally that has MS.

I have found lots of stuff to laugh at, cried at, helpful tips, and reasons to be inspired.

So a big thank you to everyone.

Comment

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and give a BIG THANKS to the whole group that makes MS World possible,
                          Thanks to all of you

Comment

How about a NAME for the moderator team?

How about MOD-SQUAD?

Maybe even add a MUG shot/ Wanted board...........lol

Gomer

Comment

Great idea for a thread, so thanks Tawanda for reminding us all to be grateful for the efforts our moderators make to keep this a comfortable place for us MSers and friends/relatives to be.

Thanks mods! And to all the others who help keep this website up and running.

As to where our user names come from - I remember a long time ago there was a thread on just that topic. If someone can search and find it, bump it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X