lesion location question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lesion location question

I have clinically isolated syndrome and am wondering if the location of the lesions on my brain an indicator of the type of symptoms I will have in the future?

No I don't think so--ms is totally unpredictable. as long as you keep that in mind you can kind of observe some general trends that have been found...but always the unpredictable nature of MS over rules these guidelines.

lesions in the front part of the brain tend to cause more "invisible" symptoms. cognition, interpreted sensation ,mood ect

lesions in the back part of the brain and spine tend to cause more visible symptoms..balance, parapalegia, body sensation of numbness ect.

MS lesions do like to repeat the areas they have already affected.

the brain is highly plastic and can reroute signals from damage tissue to unused undamaged brain tissue, so at times something will be affected for a while until the brain is able to reroute to an unused area and a lesion forming in that previously unused area may have totally unexpected results as the unknown rerouted signal is disrupted..so the symptoms of lesion "location" in the the brain can be very unpredictable.

interesting site on symptons and brain location.

But EVEN with these general "observation/guidelines/trends" ms is always unpredictable first & always.

http://www.friendswithms.com/brain_f...ns_and_map.htm
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
    X