Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any relatively mild MRI with lots of debilitating symptoms??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any relatively mild MRI with lots of debilitating symptoms??

My Neuro originally dx me with ms based on symptoms and INo's. I presented with visual, memory and gait diturbance.. I also had/have hyper reflexia and upper motor neuron weakness. As the year has gone by my symptoms have progressed and I have TN now and as of this week seziure like activity the doc called myoclonic....however, thus puzzles the Neuro that was on call the week bc he can't imagine my MRI being so mild when he said my physical examine shows definate c-spine MS ( which is what my regular Neuro says). My Neuro said a yr ago ( after testing me for Everything that mymics MS, if he waited for my MRI to catch up with my symptoms, I would be debilitated). This Nero agreed 100% until he saw my MRI and now he feels I have something mimicking MS even though he says his exam is absolute Cspine MS..... Anyone dealing or dealt with this?

Originally posted by Sdickerson1 View Post
    My Neuro originally dx me with ms based on symptoms and INo's.
    INo's? I don't know what that is.

the Neuro that was on call the week bc he can't imagine my MRI being so mild when he said my physical examine shows definate c-spine MS ( which is what my regular Neuro says).
    Have you had c-spine MRIs and the c-spine is clear?

This Nero agreed 100% until he saw my MRI and now he feels I have something mimicking MS even though he says his exam is absolute Cspine MS
    What about the c-spine MRI brings into question your diagnosis of MS?

The reason for all of the questions is I am a bit confused by your post.

My story, I believe, is different than your but will show how different this disease can be regardless of the MRI.

When I was diagnosed the MRI was relatively new. My brain MRI was clear and I had other testing that is not usually done (now) for MS. I was diagnosed based on a positive LP, (failed) neuro exam and symptoms. It was a clinical diagnosis.

I was in a severe exacebation during the diagnostic process. Based on my symptoms my neuro believed the disease was affecting the spinal cord. That was in 1985 I never had another MRI until 2005 were my c-spine had numerous lesions and the brain MRI had a few non-specific lesions.

Several years ago I decided to see a new neuro that was closer. When he saw my c-spine MRI he was freaked out and shocked that I was still walking. This new neuro tried saying I didn't have MS but suspected NMO. Although, I knew what NMO was I didn't feel I fit.

I went back to my original neuro and explained what the new neuro suspected. My original neuro said he did not believe I had NMO but would order the blood test to put my mind at ease. The blood test came back negative for NMO.

if he waited for my MRI to catch up with my symptoms, I would be debilitated).
    I am in the opposite situation. My neuro recently stated I look better than my MRI. Will I catch up to how my MRI looks in 5, 10 years? No one, not even my neuro knows. As your neuro(s) have no idea about your symptoms vs. MRI.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Have you read the Wheelchair kamikaze's blogs ? http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/

He has only 2 Lesions which has not changed over a decade, but do have debiliating symptoms.

Also, there was a post in this forum about a week back on how a gentleman (55+) had about 25+ lesions but no clinical symptoms yet.

So I do believe, this disease has little connections to the number of lesions in the brain or c-spine.

Comment

I don't have very many lesions but the LP lit up like the sun. I do have increasing symptoms.

Sdickerson - I didn't see that you had an LP, do they want you too? I would suggest it if there is some question.

good luck!
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

THANK you Ap!!!! I needed to hear this.... I have faith in my primary Neuro but it is always scary when another doc cones in and conflicts what you know to be true.... Thanks a million!

Best wishes
          Stacy

Comment

I did have one a yr ago that was nomad but I had one lesion that quicky turned to 7 this has not changed only my symptoms have gotten worse

Comment

My brain mri is still relatively mild. Nonspecific pinpricks that aren't classic ms. I was diagnosed because of a second mild relapse with new symptoms and an abnormal VEP. Oh yeah, and the original huge lesion in my c-spine.

Comment

Working...
              X