?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

hey all, has anybody on here ever dealt with bursitis of the hip caused by spastic legs and glutes. i have developed a very painful condition on the bone where the hamstring and butt tendons attach to the pelvic bones on the bottom of the hip. googling the symptoms brings up links for a condition called weavers bottom(ischial bursitis). was thinking it could be ms related because of the chronic stress on the bone from contractures. barry

Hi Barry -
    I had bursitis prior to my DX and the doc said it was because of sudden weight gain - I put on about 20 lbs in only a couple of months. When I lost the weight the pain went away.

It also came back after that and I'm not sure why that time, but I started yoga at about that time and it went away again.

I didn't find much about it online but I have spasicity and it hasn't come back. I'm still doing yoga and the stretching might be helping it.

not sure if that helped you but I thought I'd share my experience with it. It really hurts too, I had no idea what I had done to myself when it first started.

Good luck
    This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

hi nette, my neuro said stretching ice and motrin. hope it works because this is very painful barry

Comment

I have chronic bursitis due to an as of yet unidentified knee problem. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if spasticity is the culprit - mine appears when my knee problem (which stretches the muscles) gets active. Ice and pain killers are truly the best treatment, though!

Comment

I know, it does really hurt and it's only a small little part - just like a stupid papercut hurts worse than a huge gash (until you realize you just put a huge gash in your body part)

hope you feel better!
          This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

YES YES YES

For over a year I dealt with bursitis in my left hip and had horrible spacticity in that leg. I had physical therapy that didn't help. I had MRI's to make sure it wasn't something else. I was on crutches for months. Every time I would put weight on my leg, it would get numb and heavy feeling. I wouldn't be able to lift my foot and would have to drag it to find a place to sit down. The doc put me on Tegretol. That seemed to help, until I became suicidal. I blame tegretol. Once I stopped tegretol I started doing Yoga. It really did help with my balance and strength. I'm starting to get the pain back, though. Hope you feel better.

Comment

Working...
            X