In hospital, please tell me what U think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In hospital, please tell me what U think

Started yesterday by me getting overstumulated in a small but well stock gift shop... By the time we got to my house I could not move a muscle, I was a limp dish rag.... except that I was having muscle twitches on and off the longer this went on the tighter my muscles got. When I tried to move my neck and legs they started to jerk uncontrollably and It looked according to my mother, like siezures.... Brought to hospital by ambulace.... Dr says sounds like flare and admits me and starts solundrol..... Tales to Neuro this morn who said this sounds Nothing like MS! Excuse me? Somebody please tell me I'm not nuts

Your Not NUTS!!! Your Dr is.... I would change like yesterday....

Comment

You are NOT nuts! I hope they find the answers to what is happening to you. I am a newbie therefore I don't have any suggestions, except that I feel for you and I know that you are not nuts.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you are.

Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
      Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Originally posted by Sdickerson1 View Post
        It looked according to my mother, like siezures....
        A seizure was my first thought. Your description fits with what I have seen in a young (19) woman who has been dealing with seizures for several years. She does not have MS.

I hope your doctors have answers for you...soon
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

When my neuro was trying to gauge my muscle spasms, she described that level to me. While I don't have them nearly as bad as some, and definately not as bad as that, I am sorry to hear that your having something akin to it. I hope thats all it is and things get better for you soon ! I definately don't think your nuts. Now, about your neuro.......??

Comment

Thank y'all!! I'm glad it is not me!!

Fleetgirl-- knowing your ur uses that as a gauge Really let's me know this was MS.... This was the first time Anything like this has ever happened to me!

Comment

More info from in hospital

My internalist and local Neuro don't agree with My Neuro! Thank goodness! Just had MRI and waiting to see if anything show- did find an article to support what u all said, here is the bone of it---
              The Treatment of Neuro-muscular Spasm in Multiple Sclerosis
              One of the most common symptoms occurring in MS is neuro-muscular spasm. This troublesome symptom may be of two types, either tonic or clonic spasm.
              Tonic spasm is when the resting muscle tone is abnormally increased. This is often simply apparent as stiffness, when the limb appears rigid and difficult to move despite the absence of absolute paralysis.

Clonic spasm: this is perhaps the most distressing of the two forms as the affected limb or muscle may jerk violently without warning, causing the individual to lose balance and perhaps fall.

Comment

Hang in there - be your own best advocate and listen to your body ..... I hope your situation stabilizes soon !!
                Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

I was a overnight guest in Feb for what sounds like this same thing! Glad to hear I wasn't crazy but sad to hear your going through this!!

I couldn't move anything without GREATTTTT difficultly and then barely at all anyway. I could move my head, but that was about it. The Neuro that was on-call for my office was all about almost calling me crazy. Pissed me off! He said it wasn't real since the MRI came back clean. When I saw my Neuro the next wk she said it could most definitely be MS related. Made me feel almost sane...almost

Good luck and Get home soon I hope!!

isamadjul
                  (allyson)
                  DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Working...
                  X