Lazy radiologist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy radiologist

So I finally see a new neurologist who orders an MRI of my brain and cervical spine. My last MRI was a little over 3 years ago. Wouldn't you know I forget to bring my old films in last Friday afternoon when I had the MRI done. But I told the technician I would bring them in on Monday. She made a special note for the radiologist to wait for the old films.

I bring the films in on Monday morning, and the technician tells me the radiologist already dictated his report and would not look at the previous films. I told her how important it was for people with MS to have comparisons made between old and new scans to see if the disease is progressing. I was upset so I just left. My husband (waiting in our vehicle outside) said, no, we're taking the films back in. The technician then said she would talk to her manager about it. If the radiologist does not compare the old scan with the new scan, I will call Patient Relations. I'm supposed to get a call about the MRI results in a few days, but something tells me that won't happen either. Why do we have to fight for the care we need? Why can't it just be simple?

Sorry you got such a run around. BUT the neuro can also look/compare them. AND the place where you had the new MRI done should keep a copy to compare in the future.

Dang..

Hugs hon, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

My neuro reads his own MRI's. He gets the report from the radiologist, but he has more experience with what to look for.

Comment

Neuro wanted the MRI's compared

There has to be a reason for a radiologist. My neurologist specifically told me to bring the MRIs in for comparison by the radiologist. I've looked at my radiologists' reports in the past, and they definitely have value to add. Hopefully, this new neurologist will have the time to do the work that he should have done.

I would encourage others to request copies of the MRI reports, because I found out more details in them than my neurologist told me.

Comment

Working...
        X