uncomfortable feeling in chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uncomfortable feeling in chest

I have a very unfortable feeling in chest that feels like a pounding and a breathing problem. The MS hug is there also. Blood pressure and pulse rate are normal. I have a pacemaker. It happens through a good part of the day and is worse in the evening. I talked about this to my regular physican but he doesn't seem very concerned but at times it gets scarry. Does this sound like something anyone else has had.

Lois

maybe...

could it be a panic attack? they can happen even w/o current anxiety...though i am not a doctor!!!(and personally hate when they say "panic attack", i always wonder what i am panicking about!)

it was good to see that you are seeing a dr for it tho, because you dont want to mess around with that!
    your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

+1 for panic attack without anxiety... I had a severe panic attack out of nowhere on July 4th, actually called the ambulance and was hospitalized thinking heart attack with chest pain and all.. Blood pressure did go up too 200/115 when I called the ambulance. 28,000 hospital bill, perfect heart, they said it was a panic attack..

At 10pm at night, getting ready for bed, not a concern in the world (this was well before my current health scare)..

Comment

Could any of your medications be causing that?

I'm on Gabapentin and have had a few instances of pressure/tightness on my chest -- like I'm being sat on -- plus a thumping (though normal rate) heartbeat. Doc said it was likely the Gabapentin.

Comment

Chest

Would a panic attach last for several hours at a time? I saw my general doctor not A neurologist. My problems are breathing, swallowing and it is very difficult to speak. I know I need to see the neurologist.

Lois

Comment

if you have a pacemaker you must also have a cardiologist right? I would call him and let him know what has been happening also

Comment

Working...
            X