Anyone with input???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with input???

Got port Thursday and have felt like crud since.. Dr say it a simple recovery... Busted my rear end Saturday and right arm (side of port placement) has muscle spasms... Wondering if the surgery caused minor or flare... Anyone with input?

I do not have any advise for you but I hope the port site is healing and you are doing better today
    Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

Port recovery

As I have mentioned in previous posts I had a port for about 9 months while I was undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Btw, that was last year and I am in remission.

I never really had any major problems with the port surgery recovery . It in no way effected my MS symptoms. It did take some getting used to though. It took about 2 weeks before I essentially did not notice the port much at all.

I suppose that the surgery could have caused a flare for you but it seems more likely that busting your rear end (your words) in and of itself could cause a flare. The placement of the port in the upper right chest with the tubing in the neck should not effect the function of your arm on that side. Of course, that does not mean it can't cause problems. Contact the surgeon who implanted the port for his/her opinion. If you are receiving a lot of needle pokes then you will be glad that you got the port put in - I was.

Comment

Working...
      X