ONE STEP OUT OF A NURSING HOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AshNight View Post
    Jazzgirl it says in ur sig u used LDN, how did that go for you?
    No difference in my disease level...but I had to try!! . I'm pretty high up there on the EDSS scale, but it took me a LONG TIME to get there.

No harm, no foul.
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
      No difference in my disease level...but I had to try!! . I'm pretty high up there on the EDSS scale, but it took me a LONG TIME to get there.

No harm, no foul.
      How lond did it take? And did you try LDN way later?

Comment

Now you're making me think, Ash. Let's see. I had close to no problems for 14 years, then an awful exacerbation in '93. Recovered from that, went back to work for 4 more years, then went on disability w/my neuro's blessing. By then I'd had the disease for 18 years. I immediately started volunteering one-two days a week at my chapter of the NMSS, and did so for 9 years. I took the LDN late in the game because it showed up late in MY game. I started with all of this in 1979.

Once I started to progress in earnest, nothing I tried stopped it. I had to deal with a bout of breast cancer in the middle of everything, too. I'm still hangin' in, though, and I never say no to any of my friends if they want to go out! I just have to plan, and they'll usually drive my van so I can relax and not have to deal with the road nonsense. I'm a true Philly girl. I don't suffer fools lightly when I'm behind the wheel.
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Thanks to everyone that responded! It really is a great group here. The good karma is palpable. I was sick yesterday and didn't check in but I now have some really good leads to work on tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
          X