Alone in southern California - MS and Connective Tissue Disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alone in southern California - MS and Connective Tissue Disease

I am looking for help please. I was wrongfully terminated after being diagnosed. I am in the process of SSDI, however, I have no money for rent and am facing homelessness at the end of this month. My state disability/unemployment exhausted.

I am looking for anyone that can put the word out. If there is somewhere I can stay in exchange for childcare/housecare while await the SSDI process. I live in Orange County and my physicians are in San Diego at Scripps. I do have two cats that are well behaved and could stay in a bedroom.

I am continuing to search every avenue possible for resources. I can provide references. I truly need some help. I have been in contact with the MS Society and they are unable to assist with rent assistance.

Thank you.

Originally posted by jennie1228 View Post
    My state disability/unemployment exhausted.
    Hi jennie:
    Have you applied for straight public assistance, section 8 and Medi-Cal? Tried one of the faith-based charities? Been in touch with the EEOC about your termination?

Comment

Oh wow. good luck okay? I am very sad for you and will pray.I would be in your same boat possibly if I were waiting for ssdi. I think maybe others would also. I will pray.

Comment

Thank you for your prayers.

I am not eligible for Medi-Cal until I am approved for SSDI apparently. I did meet with social services and receive food stamps. The General Relief of $84 per month is all I am eligible for which increases to $239 once homeless.

As far as HUD, I have nothing, no income so once again until SSDI I have no way to pay anything.

I did file a charge with EEOC which is still pending, since May of 2010.

The MS Society gave me a link to charities, Mercy House, etc. and they are out of funds/waitlist.

Comment

Call the MS Foundation. They're a bit more hands-on than the MS society.

http://msfacts.org/programs-activities.aspx

Comment

Jennie1228,

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I will pray for you as well.

Hugs,
            T2B
            , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

If you haven't done so already, you might want to call the local branch of Catholic Charities and the local Catholic church - even if you're not Catholic. I've been amazed by the resources they can locate.

Comment

How are you, Jennie?

Jennie, I do hope you've gotten help since your post. I am praying for you also...and your 2 kitties.

Godspeed.

Comment

Thank you everyone

Thank you for your prayers and advice.

I did call the catholic charities organization for my county on Friday and left a message. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. The MS Society provided their number.

I also will call the MS Foundation. Thank you for the link, I did not know the existed. I appreciate all the prayers and advice. I hope everyone is feeling well.

Comment

Working...
                  X