Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird symptom game: itty-bitty leg spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird symptom game: itty-bitty leg spasms?

So every time my legs get some exercise -- walking, biking, whatever -- in addition to being painful, for a while after I sit down, they "pop" all over. From my feet to my hips, it's like little tiny jerks or twitches in discrete places. It's not like my whole leg is spasming or something. The best way I was able to describe it is like my legs are going "pop-pop-pop" all over-- like someone is popping popcorn inside my legs.

Has anyone else felt this? Can muscle spasms be tiny? It feels so, so, so weird.

Sounds like fasciculations. Most authorities say it's not a symptom of MS, but I know of several MSers who experience fasciculations in their legs (they all have considerable spasticity too).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciculation

Comment

Thank you, Sequoia, for the info. It's just sort of a passing thing after I exercise -- maybe for a few minutes -- so it doesn't really bother me. The issue is that now that I have odd neurological symptoms (while having perfectly perfect blood tests, brain MRI, etc.), I have become hyperaware of any little symptoms, and I never know if they're important to mention to my increasingly flummoxed neurologist, or if I'm seeing symptoms in normal body reactions at this point.

Anyway, again, thanks for the info-- if anything, I can sound clever when I see my neurologist next Tuesday and say, "Fasciculation."

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
        Sounds like fasciculations. Most authorities say it's not a symptom of MS, but I know of several MSers who experience fasciculations in their legs (they all have considerable spasticity too).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciculation
        When my legs are spastic, as they relax I get the fasciculations. Feels really weird...and if you look closely, you'll be able to see the muscles move. Sort of alienish!

Comment

I get these too, but mine can last for a very long time & after a while became more dramatic or severe. I'm glad you're mentioning it to your neuro--it is definitely a major MS symptom for me.

Comment

Hi there
            I can relate exactly to your description of pop pop! I had this quite badly when I went to my bed and it stopped me from falling asleep. My muscles twitch a lot too and my I was put on carbamazepine and this really helped. Definitely worth mentioning. good luck Heather

Comment

Experiencing these "fasciculations" (thank you Sequoia) as I type.

I responded to a post regarding weather changing to colder and my body's responses.... these fasciculations also occur along with spasticity & stiffness.

Jer

Comment

Working...
              X