No announcement yet.

RELOCATION QUESTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely love Oregon....was born and raised here and can't imagine living anywhere else. It does rain a lot but it's beautifully green. It rarely ever gets too hot and if it does it typically only lasts a few days. I live in the Willamette Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
      I think that you're not going to find a better climate, number of MSers and quality of care than Oregon and Washington. If someone wants to eamil me, I can go into more detail, suffice it to say that it rarely goes above 80 in the summer and rarely below 32 in winter. It doesn't get more mild than that. They have good public transportation excellent governemet services and a lot of MS support.

Here are a few clinics

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/servic...ition=Multiple Sclerosis

https://www.virginiamason.org/service.cfm?id=708

http://swedish.org/Services/Neurosci...iple-Sclerosis
      I love portland. nicest people i have ever met,they took good care of the people that live there. I adore oregon.

Comment

For the PNW how likely am I to find affordable short term housing for about 8 weeks in June/July? We cannot afford 8 weeks of hotel living but I am serious about leaving the south next summer.

We've vacationed in Northern California and loved it but vacation prices for 2 months is not affordable.

Comment

CA is more expensive

Than Oregon and Washington. As a rule
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnwillow View Post
            For the PNW how likely am I to find affordable short term housing for about 8 weeks in June/July? We cannot afford 8 weeks of hotel living but I am serious about leaving the south next summer.

We've vacationed in Northern California and loved it but vacation prices for 2 months is not affordable.
            Mtnwillow--

I used to live in Eugene, Oregon, and I loved it there. Because Eugene is a college town, one idea is to find a summer sublease. Professors, law students, and other graduate students end up leaving town for the summer, but want to hold on to their housing, so they sublease for the summer.

I've subleased for a summer before, and found this to be a great way to spend a summer in a town without paying too much. All I do is pay rent on the sublessor's place, and live there. Subleases are also usually completely furnished, which makes it all the more convenient. I'm sure you'd have luck finding a summer sublease in almost any college town.

For example, last summer, I subleased a nice one-bedroom apartment in Bozeman, MT, fully furnished, within close walking distance to a grocery store and downtown and the library and a dog park, for just $600/mo, all utilities including internet included.

I've found my subleases on craigslist.

Comment

Guess I'll unveil the perfect weather...Ventura County in California! Earthquakes...I think I've felt 5 in my 60 years, no damage. We've had really nice summers the past 2 years....mild every day, maybe hi 70's, a a few 80's and beautiful. No humidity...

We had 2 days in the low 90's, but that's it. Our biggest negative is the 'Santa Ana' or East winds. They are hot and dry..annoying! they hit maybe twice a year for 2-4 days. This produces additional fire danger.

We have the beach here, big city life or airports an hour away if you desire. Snow, skiing, the mountains a couple of hours away.
              My Neurologist just took over my retiring Dr's practice and I really enjoy her.

Some people consider this weather boring, it's maybe 10 degrees cooler in the 'winter', I love it here.

I have often said October, then April are the perfect months to travel anywhere for good weather, I'm always grateful to return home
              Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
              X