You know you have MS when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you have MS when....

A complete stranger tells you they need to put you back in bed while you are out grocery shopping for a few things.

( I had gone out for a few items and forced myself to get it done. I even did my hair for crying out loud. Despite this, I felt like crap ( fatigue) and obviously looked like I needed to be in bed.-- Of course I have cog fog and at first thought he was trying to pick me up... LOL so once he explained that I looked as if I felt bad I got it... )

Oy gotta love this. I guess we can all reply with things that have happened that made you smile despite the pain and fatigue. -- just for kicks and giggles.

LBJ

I always feel as if I don't feel good on the inside there is no way that I should look good on the outside. Even with makeup it still doesn't take away that tired look.

Comment

When someone thought my dh was my son. I don't look older all he was looking at was my cane and the way I walked but I try to hold my head up and keep going.

My dh is a wonderful dh.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I have searched and searched by I can't locate the thread that has hundreds of these kinds of posts "You know have MS when . . ."

I'm hoping someone else here knows where it is and can post the link here.

Comment

The Good Life

Under there is the thread lets have some fun...it that the thread you mean cosake? Its the all areound good humor thread...

isamadjul
          (allyson)
          DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Well for me it is when I walk into a room and think, "If I could just remember what I came in here for it would great". It happens all the time.
            Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
            Babe Ruth

Comment

For me, it's when I get dizzy, and my first thought isn't "uh-oh, I'm getting sick", it's just a new way of life. That's one of my lovely new symptoms that have cropped up in the last few months.

Another one - I now have naptime during the week, and dh has stopped asking me after my nap if I feel okay, or if I'm hurting....something is always hurting, so he doesn't ask, he knows the answer.
              Diagnosis: May, 2008
              Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

I left home to go pay our taxes and pick up our car tags. I stopped to visit my sister, shopped the department store for kitchen rugs, shopped Walmart for groceries and totally forgot the car tags.
                Not to be outdone. I went back to the tax office, paid for the tags and walked out and left them!

Comment

good thread. I can relate to it all. I've learned that when I feel that extreme fatigue I'm best off to stay home because going out and forcing myself usually makes it worse. And puts me down for another day or more.

Comment

you know you have MS when.....

you keep trying to take that wet piece of paper off the bottom of your foot.....

Comment

lemstar, lol. Or when you keep poking at your chin to see if it is still numb.

Comment

When on your way home you finally realize that the exit was 50 miles back and it takes a bit to get your bearings, thank God for GPS as I getting used to being told what to do anymore

Comment

cog fog to the max

When you pay for food at the drive-thru and then drive off without the food!

Comment

Cog Fog

When you are driving in a very familiar place & suddenly don't recognize where the heck you are! SCARY!!!

Comment

LOL!! Thanks for the laugh guys, totally needed it!

... when you're pushing your daughter's empty stroller around to hold yourself up with.

I keep getting weird looks and I just say, "What!? It's my walker!"
                              Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                              X