New Neurologist Appointment Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Neurologist Appointment Today

Had my appointment with my new neurologist. I really liked him. He seemed to be very thorough. I told him my symptoms and showed him my last few test results and my MRI disk. He looked at the MRI and said that the white spots on my brain don't look like typical MS lesions, though my symptoms and other signs do seem to be typical MS symptoms (if there is such a thing.) He was honest enough to admitted that he doesn't know what's going on. But he said we would keep trying to find out what it is.

He told me to keep on taking the meds I'm taking for symptoms since they seem to help. He also told me that he could try me on a DMD, but he didn't want me having to give myself injections if I didn't have to. And if I have another flare up, I'm to come in and see him. Otherwise, I have a follow-up appointment in December.

When he did the neuro exam, I had no knee or ankle reflexes and a present Babinski reflex in my left foot (still.) He's the first doctor who has checked that since the very first neurologist I saw five years ago. I had a present Babinski reflex at that time too.

So he scheduled a new brain MRI for me for October 14, a year from my last one. He also scheduled another visual evoked potential there at his office for October 7. When I showed him the results from the one I had last October where I had a delay of 108 msec in both eyes and then the one I had done in July that showed a delay of 112 msec and 113 msec, he was concerned because he said there shouldn't be a change like that. He said at their lab, anything over 106 msec is abnormal, but it's up to the individual lab. So he said he'd read it himself this time and try to figure out what is going on.

I liked him. He was easy to talk to and seems to want to find out what's going on. I told him we could go on that Mystery Diagnosis show if he can figure out it out. He liked that. (He had a good sense of humor too.)

I think it's going to help to have a new doctor. He's the head of the MS clinic at the University of Tennessee, so maybe he can find some answers for me. I hope so anyway.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Hey Lisa,
    that sounds promising!
    Glad to hear your having a new MRI in October. It's been a year. A lot can happen in a year. (good or bad).
    Best wishes and rest those eyes!
    Lynne
    *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

So happy to hear you finally found a good Doc! I pray this one can find some answers for you.
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

WHOO HOOOOO!!! About time!!

I do believe in my heart/soul..that you are ON your way to a DX. They sure like those typical, oval shaped lesions in the MSee type places..why isn't your brain cooperating??

Glad you really liked him to. Thats what you deserve..a NON dismissive, caring, easy to talk to doc who wants to help you get to a diagnosis.

Was your last neuro a good MS doc? hmm..

Continue blessings..YOU deserve it!!

Hugs, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

That's Awesome!!

Shashi,

Glad you had such a positive experience with your new neurologist! You ARE on your way!!

Hugs and prayers,
          T2B
          , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

I am glad that it went well. That is good news.

I am so glad that you found a good neuro. You are on the right track and are in good hands.

I know it feels good to have a neuro that wants to find the answers and cares. I pray that answers will come soon.

Lots of ((((hugs))))

Comment

Working...
            X