breathlessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breathlessness

anyone ever get this one? i do not smoke,yet lately been breathless? and at times,my lungs hurt when i take a deep breath? when i get the hug and take a deep breath,its different than this kind of shortness of breath i am talking about. its scary. anyone?

I get this... Quite often too. And not even after say, going for a walk, or dong any kind of activity.
    Usually I get it when I am getting the 'MS hug' but there are times when it just pops up randomly. It is scary, and my doc has no answers for it. I don't have asthma or anything, but it keeps happening anyway.
    I wish I was more help to you, but I just had to let you know you weren't alone with this!!!!! <3
    stay well
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by KalikaLily View Post
      I get this... Quite often too. And not even after say, going for a walk, or dong any kind of activity.
      Usually I get it when I am getting the 'MS hug' but there are times when it just pops up randomly. It is scary, and my doc has no answers for it. I don't have asthma or anything, but it keeps happening anyway.
      I wish I was more help to you, but I just had to let you know you weren't alone with this!!!!! <3
      stay well
      Heather
      Thank u heather!

Comment

Hi Julie

I suggest that with shortness of breath you should always check with your PCP or neuro as soon as possible. Not everything is MS! You could have pleurisy, for instance, or it could be bronchitis or pneumonia. The symptoms are just as you describe. Or, you could be suffering from the MS hug. A quick exam would rule the non-MS stuff.

There is a tendency to blame every symptom we have on MS, which can be dangerous and cause us to neglect a symptom that is from something entirely different.

Comment

Trouble getting air..nasal passages swollen

It may just be a allergic reaction..perhaps to something outside or maybe food....good idea to talk to PCP..My doc gave me a nasal spray
          [I]Tellnhelen
          Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Originally posted by jcrain9663 View Post
            I suggest that with shortness of breath you should always check with your PCP or neuro as soon as possible. Not everything is MS! You could have pleurisy, for instance, or it could be bronchitis or pneumonia. The symptoms are just as you describe. Or, you could be suffering from the MS hug. A quick exam would rule the non-MS stuff.

There is a tendency to blame every symptom we have on MS, which can be dangerous and cause us to neglect a symptom that is from something entirely different.
            its not the hug,ive had the hug,and when i had this before,i demanded a chest xray,negative,and i had pleurisy in my 20's. As i said i am a nurse and quite in tune with what to do this sob i speak of is none of what you are mentioning hence y i started the thread. but thank u.

Comment

Shortness of breath, too

I started having problems with shortness of breath/chest pressure also about four years ago. During those times I would take a deep breath, and then I would always end up coughing. Had all kinds of tests which showed nothing. It almost feels like an infection in my lungs, but then wouldn't the x-rays show something? Then when I started the drug gabapentin, I had the almost the same feeling. The doctor lowered my dosage because that is a common reaction to that drug. Who knows what it is from so I try to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X