Heat Intolerance NOT an Issue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat Intolerance NOT an Issue....

I'm approaching 5 yrs with dx (add maybe a dozen yrs since the earliest sx), and never had a heat / humidity problem.

Still don't.

My question to those like me:

Has heat become an issue for you years after dx?

Or has heat / humidity remained of little / no consequence?

(Anyone decades into MS still without a heat problem?)

In future I would consider trading in NE PA snow / sleet for something warmer if not tropical. (Not FL.... never ever was a fan of that type of humidity, No offense FL fans

Thanks, Jer

It is now, but I really didn't exhibit heat intolerance until I was maybe 20 years into the disease. Shame, too, because I love summer!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Discovered accidently

During the 1st attack while I was getting ready for the neuro
      appt. Took a long hot shower and washed my hair then rolled up in the towels and took a nap on the floor.
      Don't know how long I had neurological problems before. My 1st MRI said atrophy.
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

Thanks Jazz & Techie for your input.

I didn't think there were too many MSers that were not effected by heat.... but you don't know until you ask.

Planning anything with this affliction may be just a bit silly, but this dream may be hard to give up.

Was hoping there were more like you (and hopefully me) Jazzgirl. 20 years without heat consequences!.... a little gift amidst the MesS.

Thanks again,

Jer

Comment

I'm 1 1/2 years since DX, 4 years since I had what I now know was ON and who knows how many years since I had what may have been my first neurological symptoms.

I have felt uncomfortable in the heat for 20 years, hating warm days, prefering lower temperatures and always turning on the AC.

That said, I can still get in a jacuzzi with no problems. I discusse this with my neuro and he said that not everyone with MS has heat intolerance.

Comment

Hey Big A,

That "...I can still get in a jacuzzi with no problems." suggest that the heat thing, so many speak, doesn't seem to effect you either.

I too never enjoyed excessive heat / humidity, but consider that normal.

Planning for heat problems now seems to be necessary considering the responses. : (

Thanks for comment!
            Jer

Comment

Working...
            X