Unbelievable..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable..

After an unbarable week, I have a return appt. at my neuro after a follow up MRI. I'm shakey, hot pins & needles every where , exhausted...(you know the drill). I'm laying my head down when he comes in the room & he says to me. "I've been up for 48 hrs with no sleep at the hospital, I have no sympathy" I'm Sorry WHAT? You chose to be a Dr. I certainly did not choose this...He tells me My MRI has not changed from the last.

Still 8 lesions in Juxacortical & Periventricular deep white matter. That I have Deep White Matter Disease but he at this time is NOT dx'ing me with MS. Gives me Prednizone , orders another test and sends me on my way...

I have had enough...Does this sound right to you ????
    Thinking of finding a new Doc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Kris

Yes, time for a new doc!

Or at least a 2nd opinion, preferably with someone who has some compassion and a better bedside manner than a baboon (my apologies to baboons everywhere).

I am thankful I've not had bad experiences with docs, but after reading some of the stories on here I'm just waiting - my ammunition is ready! This MonSter has lifted the filter on my mouth & there is no telling what might come out if I'm treated poorly.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Find one NOW, Kris!! His inability to deal with his ridiculous hours (and they ARE ridiculous, IMO) should not impact you, the patient. You're there for HELP for crying out loud!

Good luck, and keep us posted.
      “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
      Diagnosed 1979

Comment

This is unbelievable. I'm so sorry you had to put up with such rudeness(putting it mildly) and unprofessional behavior. I would start looking for a new neuro but keep him until you find one.

I hear you loud and clear and hope things get better soon.

Comment

Tired Doctor = Danger~

The docs who have to be up 48 hours should not even see patients. I know there is a doctor shortage, but we, the patient, deserve decent care when we finally get our few minutes.

I'd suggest another doc. Wondering also, if the doc has to do a turn in the ER? Some hospitals require it.

Are you able to find a neuro who is not within the hospital umbrella? Some docs have hospital privileges but are not 'staff' and therefore wouldn't be caught in that situation.

Good Luck. Diane
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

"I've been up for 48 hrs with no sleep at the hospital, I have no sympathy" ??????????? HOW TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless there are NO OTHER CHOICES for a new neurologist I'd be trying out new ones until you find the right one for you!
            Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Thanks guys !!!

I was questioning myself and thinking I should give my Doc a pass on this one...but he is always late...sometimes and hour. Schedules a test. return appt., test, appt, test, appt, he must really like my Flex Blue thats all I gotta say...

Found a new doc and actually asked this time , If she handles MS cases...I'm not even sure how many my other Nuero did ? Now I know better....

Comment

I live in MI also, lucked into a great set of neuro's here, they actually have an MS clinic. I was sent there in the begining, when dx. I am thrilled with my Dr and know several of the others. One of the Docs comes to the MS Walk each spring, several of them host luncheons & meetings to discuss ms and our concerns & issues. There is also a RN specific to the clinic. We are her focus for her job. I can't speak highly enough of them.

I have had an insane Dr before. (dealing with a hand injury) He actually screamed at me for having the nerve to write down some questions to ask! This was after almost a years worth of surgery's and procedures. My pt hand therapist actually went with me to be sure that we both understood exactly what he wanted us/me to do for therapy. She about fell on the floor when he started ranting at me. Needless to say, I dropped him like a hot potato and found a Doc with a personality beside's the one of Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde. He left the patient business not long after and went back to teaching.

Comment

Dpmich....question for you

I'm curious which neuros you've had experience with in the Midland area. I live quite close to your location and have experience with one Neuro in Midland. To date I've been in Limbo for three years and have given up following up with this person as I've found them to be quite dismissive.

Comment

FROM WEST MI

I'm From West MI...This Doc sounds like my first Neuro...lol I called him Dr. D!ckhead hehehe and then I found a wonderful new Neuro who dealt with some MS patients and have loved her ever since! She is so nice. You know you have a GREAT Doctor of any kind when at my last appointment she could say to me " I want you as my patient but Allyson, I don't know how to help you anymore. Your progressing faster then I know how to treat. So I'm going to recommend you see this other Neuro."

I was like WOW! On 2 levels of course 1rogressing that fast? and 2: Wow that took balls for a Doc to say that they didn't know what to do!

So i see my "new Neuro" (I hope cuz the drive otherwise is like 3hrs) this Thursday! Good luck to you on your Neuro!!

isamadjul
                    (allyson)
                    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Dr. Idiot...

Way back, ( 1990)when I was in limbo, I went to my family doc and said: My legs feel like concrete; they ache, they are heavy; my feet are numb. I was still sitting in the chair; not up on the exam table yet. His reply: Ho Ho!! I just had a patient in here who "claimed she couldn't walk" , but she jumped off this exam table just fine."

WTF????? I thought I was in the twilight zone; or on Candid Camera. Needless to say, I dropped him; later, when I related this to a new family doc, new doc says " this guy sounds like an idiot."

Remember, SOMEONE had to be last in their med school graduation rankings.

Take care...
                      spring
                      spring

Comment

Working...
                      X