Several Strange Symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Strange Symptoms

I am 23 years old and male, with no family history of MS. I have been experiencing nerve issues for almost two years, I was originally told I had pernicious anemia back in early 2010 after having normal evoked potential tests, and a negative MRI w/o contrast. Most of my symptoms subsided after going on B-12 Shots, also had to do 50,000 i.u. Vitamin D for a few weeks and now take 2000 a day. My blood work for the last 6 months has shown that I still have moderately low Vitamin D even though I'm supplementing, and I have normal B-12 Levels.

Now about 2 months ago I had burning, ripping pain on my left side several inches below my left arm pit, which was made worse by going down stairs or moving the wrong way, after a few weeks it went away, then the area stay numb. The same thing happened in a small patch on my lower left abdomen and is now numb, and now on my right arm in a 6 inch area. Yesterday my entire left side of my face, neck, chest, and abdomen are went numb.

Had a evoked potential test that came back normal, an EEG that I am waiting for results on and I am having an MRI with and without contrast shortly. Also I feel as though I am having hotflash like episodes where I feel extremely hot. Does anybody have similar issues as this? Also a new symptom happened tonight when I left work and the outside air hit me, I felt like a burning hot sheet was rapped around my whole torso. It was a burning stinging paint that lasted for almost 20 minutes.

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

I've been getting this burning pain on and off now for awhile. In fact, just had a bout of it a little while ago. It didn't last long, but it's annoying.

Neurontin is probably the recommended med, but it only makes me dizzy.

I assume the burning pain is neurological in origin.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
    X