Wouldn't it be nice.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be nice.....?

Wouldn't it be nice if getting dx'd with a "BIG" illness (ie: an auto immune disease, cancer, ect) cancelled out all the normal stuff (colds, flu, allergies ect)

I went to bed Saturday night starting to get an upset stomach, when I woke up It was to being full blown sick. Spent most of the day in the bathroom. Things seemed to be calming down by Monday but I woke up yesterday coughing & my throat & chest were on fire. I've been running a fever, back & forth between 99-102* which then of course causes my MS symptoms to flare up. I saw my pain mgmt. dr. today & he wants me to try & move my appt. up with my general pract. because he thinks I may have bronchitis.

Ugh, isn't MS enough?!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Sorry!!! I though catching my kids cold was bad... Hope u feel better really soon!!!

Comment

Wouldn't it??!!

I woke up Monday morning feeling a bit nauseated, but didn't think much about it. But, within 30 minutes I was hugging the porcelain throne! UGH! That went on all day. I ran a fever, and which caused my "lovelys" to flare also. I was in pain from head to toe from Monday until Tuesday evening. I am still dragging today, but I think I'm slowly starting to get back to normal.

It's funny you posted this because I was just about to! This is the first time I've been really sick since my diagnosis in December. No fun for sure!

I hope that I don't have to go through that again for a really long time (or anyone else)!

Hope you feel better real soon!
      , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Hit the Medical Jackpot

Yes, it sure would be nice . Having MS certainly is enough. I was diagnosed with RRMS about 5 years ago and have been taking Rebif since then. In Jan. 2010 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I tell people that I think I have hit the medical jackpot and at least MS is not likely to kill you.

Comment

jessiesmom- I understand your feelings exactly, dx with MS sept 08, dx with neck and tongue cancer april 09, wife diagnosed with thyroid cancer Sept 10 which was 5 yrs after her dx with cervical cancer, waiting for something to happen this year. But the cancer did give me a different outlook on life and as you said MS isn't likely to kill me and I prefer it as I can keep an eye on it, the cancer plays hide and seek. That is why I have what some people have called "too good of an atitude about having MS".

Hope all is well now with your cancer, and treatments, it took me 2 yrs to start getting over the effects of the chemo and radiation.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Yes ! It would be very nice - I could have saved myself 5 months of problems that evolved into bilateral kidney stone blockages requiring 5 different procedures, including stents on both sides. Plus I have IC, which the stents hanging in my bladder irritated.

Somehow, I did not get an MS flare during this time . . . that waited until the end of the school year stress started and the temps increased by 40 degrees overnight.

I think jessiesmom has everyone beat on this -- cancer and MS . . . I can't imagine ! I hope that you are doing well.

Comment

Thank You

To cosake and Scooter24: Thank you for the empathy and best wishes. I neglected to mention that even though my husband does not have MS he IS a colon cancer survivor. After my breast cancer diagnosis I had a mastectomy and 16 rounds of chemotherapy. I continued to take my Rebif during the first 2 months of chemo - felt like Superwoman. I had my reconstruction surgery just 10 weeks ago. Have been back on Rebif for 16 weeks now. My oncologist says I have no evidence of disease. We call it "dancing with NED."

Comment

Though certainly I haven't dealt with the serious health issues some of you have faced, I remember shortly after my MS diagnosis having a flare-up of another medical problem I'd had for years, and thinking, "WHAT? You mean I still have to have the other stuff? They don't take that away when you get MS?" I sulked for a while, but you roll with the punches, right?
                "I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

Comment

Jessiesmom- Glad to hear you are doing so well, I just had my 2 yr check and so far so good no problems other than a fried thyroid gland which I plan on having removed in the near future. An older woman 77 that I used to work with was given 6 months in jan from Kidney cancer and it had spread throughout her abdomen, the dr siad that treatment would only help her make it a month or 2 more, she said not me and demanded agressive treatment which she got, she had a pet scan 2 weeks ago and they found zip, notta, completely gone and she just found out last week she will be having her first great grandchild in April. She never lost her unending smile on her face thru the entire time.
                  Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

This is what I'm talking about! I've had to deal w/ pneumonia & also ended up hospitalized w/ diverticulitis. My husband fell off a roof 4yrs ago & fractured his back in 7 places. At first we weren't sure if he'd survive & then whether or not he'd be paralyzed if he did make it! Thank God he has recovered but we now both live in chronic pain 24/7. We actually separated for 4mos because of the stress not just from that but we also lost our home because he couldn't work. We got back together & have learned how to handle what life throws at us as a couple.

Then during an exam w/my eye dr. he was concerned about a bump on my lower R eyelid. He wanted to biopsy it. Well, e ended up removing over a 1/3 of my lower eyelid & about a quarter size amount of skin below! I got the call 3 days later telling me it in fact was cancer, basal cell carcinoma. Now I have to have an entire body exam because it spreads rapidly!

Enough is enough!!
                    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

Working...
                    X