Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back & Leg Pain Unbearable--Need Help

Hi All-

Any ideas on how to reduce back and leg pain? Going on day 9 of not being able to sleep, sit, walk, stand--do much of anything for an extended period of time. Have already tried light exercise, heating pad, ice packs, resting, walking.
    Medicine normally taking: Baclofen, Morphine Sulfate, Fentora, Soma and Norcos--along with other MS meds.

Nothing is helping and I am about to break. Doctor didn't have much help to offer other than what I am doing.

ANY HELP would be amazing.

Thank you!
    Kari
    Diagnosed RRMS March 2007

Type of pain

Forgot to mention the type of pain.

Having spasms, feel like I am being stabbed continually, dull throbbing pain also. Being touched, even gently, feels horrible. I have had MS for over 4 years, and the pain has never been this bad...
    Kari
    Diagnosed RRMS March 2007

Comment

First of all, I am so sorry you are having such terrible pain. I get confused between spasticity AND having spinal stenosis with disc disease going on. Kept thinking it was spasticity pain when an MRI showed it was chronic spinal stenosis where not only the bulging discs are now extruding (so no low back pain) but the vertebrae are slipping and pinching off the spinal chord.

I take RX Diclofenac for inflammation (they also have a patch to protect your tummy from pill) along with Baclofen.

Have you told your MS doc yet? Or see an ortho doc/primary to get a MRI.

I hope you find relief..and soon hon

Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
      X