Not your typical migraines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not your typical migraines.

I'm back after a year and a half of being away. I was diagnosed with atypical migraine syndrome after three symptomatic periods over a couple of years. No lesions on head MRI and ocular MRI was good too. Decided I was a hypochondriac. I was also diagnosed as being Vitamin D deficient. Moved to a tropical location where I'm outside a ton and thought I had it all beat.

A week and a half ago I started with the lid lag in the left eye. Have had multiple migraines since and ended up in the ER with the worst pain of my life (you know the twisting hot poker in the eye). Have also had dizziness, unusual clumsiness, facial pins and needles and pain like a hook under cheekbone, thick lips, trouble speaking, feeling of face melting, numb area on calf, and all sorts of vision issues ( trouble focusing feels like I'm looking through vaseline, and tugging behind my left eye when I move it). Oh and totally new ones (using wrong spelling of a word and forgetting words which is not me and trouble determining if my finger was numb, but I can feel it, but it doesn't seem like I'm feeling my finger).

Logically, I know this is the migraine thing again. Unfortunately, my previous episodes had me getting tested for MS, so that fear is still there. I'm not sure why I posted this. Feels so lonely and scary. So afraid of losing part of my vision again or losing control of my arm. After that one headache, I'm afraid of getting another one that bad. I think the vision things scare me the most.

Anyway, I will have to go back and see how many people from years past are still here. I can't find my old posts. I guess they were erased. I have pages from a "strange neurological journey" journal somewhere that I hope to find but should have printed my posts to be included.

Here's hoping that I can remain calm through this one so that I will have no MRIs in the near future.

thanks for reading my rambling.

Liz

frustrating

left arm and face has gone numb & tingly. Dr. tomorrow. no headache. just pain behind left eye.

Comment

Recommend a follow-up

I'm so sorry you are having such a horrible time. It might be time to have a consult with a nuero to be sure that you still have the correct diagnosis. I hope that you are feeling better soon. ((hugs))
      Teresa

Comment

Working...
      X