Question for everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for everybody

I am trying to figure out how I got this thing, I was in the Army from 1978-1982 just wondering if anybody else was in the army around the same time and if we might have gotten something while serving. So if you served any military service shout out and let's see if there is a link.
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
    Mark Twain

Hello saadbell,

I don't have a military background. However, there is a Military forum for those with MS here at MSWorld:
    http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Your not the only one, the military seems to have a higher than usual rate of MS, Vietnam vets say it is agent orange, gulf war vets have other ideas, but as I was in between them the only thing that comes to mind is immunizations, I was on world wide status the entire time due to my job and unit assignment and have 3 shot records filled to the max with records.

In my opinion they know something but are not about to tell us, if they didn't why would they consider MS service connected if dx within 7 yrs of discharge????? I am currently trying to get SC pension as the VA Nuero has found evidence that I had multiple sx while still on active duty dating back to the late 70's from my active duty med records. They will also provide MS treatment and services for any vet with MS with no exception as to how long you have been out, thought you may have to pay a co-pay but it isn't any higher than what it is on insurance.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Sadly no. I've never even been in the military. Dx April 1, 2010 at age 19. It would be nice to find the common factors though.

On a separate note though, thank you for your service.
        Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
        Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

I am currently in the service and have been for 18 years diagnosed April 2010. I didn't serve in Vietnam or First Gulf War. I have had some shots that I thought might have had some effect though.
          Diagnosed April 2010

Copaxone May 2010 - April 2011; Tysabri May 2011 - Present

Comment

Both my nuero and infusion nurse were curious if I had the anthrax vaccine, just a thought for those that have, I never did, but I have had full course of hepatitist shots as I was firefighter after getting out and we were required to get it for blood contact.
            Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

That is, unfortunately, a question without an answer.
              “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
              Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Working...
              X