Ack! New relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack! New relapse

So, Monday, I started with my wrist hurting (typical ms relapse type pain) then Tuesday, more symtpoms were added. Then Wednesday, it turned into a full blown flare. The only thing I'm missing is the feeling like I got hit by a truck, but it feels like that's coming on. I knew it was going to happen because before I started Tysabri, I was off Copaxone for three and a half weeks as a washout period. I hoped it wouldn't, but I knew it probably would.

I'm being checked in an hour by my medical doctor's nurse practitioner for a UTI, just to rule out, even though the only symptom I have is frequent urination - and I've had that a while, no other symptoms, but they have to put symptoms down to justify the urinalysis, I guess.

I've also put a call in to my MS neuro - especially since I've just started the Tysabri, I want to make sure this is documented, because otherwise at my next infusion, they won't infuse me.

I'm just....frustrated. This is the third one this year, and although it doesn't seem to be too bad so far, it's early days yet. And both of the other relapses took me weeks to recover from, after the actual relapse stopped.
    Diagnosis: May, 2008
    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Originally posted by Spydre View Post
    I'm being checked in an hour by my medical doctor's nurse practitioner for a UTI, just to rule out, even though the only symptom I have is frequent urination - and I've had that a while, no other symptoms, but they have to put symptoms down to justify the urinalysis, I guess.
    It is possible to have a UTI and no symptoms. It's happened to me a few times.

Hoping the urinalysis shows a UTI, it would be so much easier to deal with than a relapse. Take care Spydre and let us know how you are doing
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Well, the u/a showed a "slight" UTI, told my MS doctor, and that I'm also still having new symptoms. Now a pseudo-relapse brought on by being sick can't give you new symptoms, can it? Anyway, I told the doctor's nurse this, and she's going to talk to the doctor this afternoon (my ms doc doesn't come in until 1 on Thursdays. I just hope she's there tomorrow so I get a timely call back on all of this.).

I've been having urinary hesitancy, not always emptying my bladder, and frequent urination for a couple of weeks now. I was getting ready to make an appointment with my urologist. I guess that stuff could have caused the UTI.

Comment

New update

Okay, so my MS doc calls back, and even though I'm having new symptoms she wants to wait to look at me until the antibiotics run their course. I can't blame her - it would be foolish to see me just for symptoms brought on by the UTI. I still think they both struck at the same time, for one reason I'm having new symptoms, and for another, the symptoms built up over time between Monday and Wednesday. So evidently I give it a week while the antibiotics run their course, and then call the doc back.

Another thing the doctor's office said (her nurse coordinator) - DH wanted me to ask if being off the Copaxone for the short time that I was off of it could have caused the relapse. They assured me that it probably had not, and if I'm relapsing it probably would have happened anyway (another reason to be thankful I'm on Tysabri now - because that's the relapse this year, if it truly is a relapse).

Comment

Working...
        X