I'm just really bummed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just really bummed out

I was supposed to have my MRI today but the doctor didn't send the orders over until yesterday. I saw him on Friday. My insurance won't approve the test until tomorrow so we are trying to find another time.

I know some of you will think this is stupid but I'm having a "tightening" over the entire right side of my face. I'm not beautiful but I always get compliments on my smile. I can't smile. It makes me so sad.....sorry....just had to vent.
    “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

<<hugs>>

It is wonderful to have this place to vent. We all care, and many of us are sending you <<hugs>>. I HATE the delay of insurance, doctors, meds, etc. I just want to yell at people "Don't you understand I NEED THIS NOW????"

God bless. Know our prayers are flying towards you.
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Originally posted by GIGI69 View Post
      I was supposed to have my MRI today but the doctor didn't send the orders over until yesterday. I saw him on Friday. My insurance won't approve the test until tomorrow so we are trying to find another time. ..sorry....just had to vent.
      I'm sorry to hear that your smile has gone on vacation. It was the first part of your post that caught my eye. I can steel myself to the leg fatigue. I can compensate for the double vision. I can carry paper towel to deal with the exaggerated heat response, but the "nonsense" may be the death of me

Someone forgets to make a phone call but you've already taken time off from work...

You need to pick up an MRI CD, but they leave at 4:30. More time off from work...

Dr.'s unwilling to order tests until after a visit and then having to schedule a visit for the tests. More time off from work...

You'd think that the professionals would be a little more accommodating
      At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Thank You

I really appreciate your encouraging words. Big THANKS! I hope the smile is just on vacation. I'm a bit worried it is permanent.

You are right. The medical professionals think their time is the only thing that matters. I have a job I love and I'm trying to juggle it with these sx. My time and my life is important too.
        “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hang in there and please keep us posted.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

GIGI69, sorry to hear about that. I would be so frustrated!

I'm in the process of working on the final dx & treatment options with my neuro - my appt. is tomorrow and it's almost weird, but I'm looking forward to it. I guess because it means more questions answered, a plan of attack, relief from symptoms (we hope, right?).

I would be so bummed & annoyed to have cancellations or delays. My husband has to take time off work, we have to arrange childcare, etc.

I hope everything gets scheduled for you quickly and you get the answers & relief you are seeking. BIG HUGS!!!

Comment

Hopefully this might make you smile, it's a true story... I live in Canada, only 20 minutes or so from the world-renowned St. Mike's Hospital, MS Clinic.

My regular neuro sent me there where I saw an "MS guru neuro", I've seen his name attached to many publications and such, I personally found his bedside manner to be atrocious, he made me feel like I wasn't crippled or disabled enough to have the honour of being seen by him and hoped I wouldn't have to go back.

Anyway, I had an MRI there on Friday, August 13, 2009 (yes, 2009!!) and I still don't have the results! My neuro and my family doc have both sent papers, signed by me to authorize, requesting the results be faxed to their office. Neither doc has received them and now I have to go for another one. What a waste of health care dollars, my energy and my own $ as it costs over $20 to get there.

There is no insurance "b.s." to blame this on, it's all covered by our Provincial healthcare. It's very frustrating to be caught up in the system, especially when MS is so very frightening. Best of luck to you and hopefully you get some resolution very soon.
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

GOOD NEWS!

I got a call yesterday at 12.30 that insurance granted approval!

Apparently the lady felt bad after hearing my story and stayed on them until they got it done.

Not only that they got a vein for the contrast! I have horrible veins from Crohn's disease.

I have never been able to have a complete study before.

I LOVE this place

Thanks everyone for your kind words. My day deFinitey got better and you all were part of that

Comment

I think it says something that veins, contrast and MRI can actually make people happy
                  At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

LOVE people who are kind

I am so happy someone was on your side and pulled levers that needed pulling for this to work out.

As frustrated as we get with people who "don't get it", isn't is wonderful that the other type of person is out there, showing us people are often kind, good and wonderful!

karen
                    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Hi Gigi; just wanted to add my support . . . glad they came through for you! A friend's mother who had a stroke a few years ago lost her ability to smile very well....so, in her lovely, jovial way of expressions, she "smiles through her eyes"--and you can really see it! Blessings to you!

-- Sara
                      Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

That Made ME Smile

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                        I think it says something that veins, contrast and MRI can actually make people happy
                        Well half way! Hey look! I can smile BIG

Comment

So Do I

Originally posted by zilphia01 View Post
                          I am so happy someone was on your side and pulled levers that needed pulling for this to work out.

As frustrated as we get with people who "don't get it", isn't is wonderful that the other type of person is out there, showing us people are often kind, good and wonderful!

karen
                          And I took the opportunity to fill out a comment card. DH asked if I was writing a book but I thought they all deserved it. AND the place offers candy and soft drinks when you are leaving. Ain't that great?

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by swpanther1 View Post
                            Hi Gigi; just wanted to add my support . . . glad they came through for you! A friend's mother who had a stroke a few years ago lost her ability to smile very well....so, in her lovely, jovial way of expressions, she "smiles through her eyes"--and you can really see it! Blessings to you!

-- Sara
                            That's a lovely thought. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by GIGI69 View Post
                              Well half way! Hey look! I can smile BIG
                              Nice!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X