Do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you drive?

Pretty straightforward... can you drive? If not, how long after symptoms started did you have to stop? And what were the problems that forced you to stop (weakness in legs to work pedals, concentration issues, etc.)

Yes, I still drive.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

yes

I was DX'd 8.5 years ago and still have no problems driving despite a fair amount of disability.
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

I do

It scare DH to death. He worries that I will be stopped by a cop for some reason and the cop will think I'm drunk. I have a high profile job and if I was arrested it would be a big ordeal in the community.

But....I don't have issues driving just walking.
        “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

Comment

I still drive a Mazda Miata convertible! ha ha ha It is sometimes hard to get in and out but I do it. I only have a 5 minute drive to work and I refuse to get something else. Will hang on to it as long as I am able!

Comment

I do.

Mild numbness in right foot, but I just pivot on heel from gas to brake. No issue with slipping off the brake.

I don't do long distances though.

Comment

Yes, I drive

I do continue to drive - legs seem to work perfectly normal when I sit although I struggle just to walk around the house.

Comment

Yes I still drive. I drive alot.
                Covered some 5,000 miles this summer. (my only special reqiurement is the car must have AC.)

Comment

Yes I still drive but got different truck no with auto trans as my left leg is the bad one and had to lift my leg up with my hand to get it back on the clutch pedal which was little scary in traffic. Just did about 800 miles over the past week to go to my moms birthday party no problem. I also find it is easier for me to get in and out of trucks and suv/van type vehicles,some cars are very low and I get kinda stuck trying to get out of them, with the higher ones I can just sorta slide out of them.
                  Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I do drive, though right now, I haven't driven in a week because I had cataract surgery last Thursday and my eyes aren't working together too well. I'm going to try it either tomorrow or Friday on a back road and see how it goes. (My eyes better straighten out soon. I have to go back to work Monday!)

Normally, I have no problems driving, though I have had times when I had to look close to determine if traffic lights are red or orange, and a few years ago, I forgot how to drive. (Yeah, I know. That was pretty weird!)
                    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I still drive but not very often these days.

I am PPMS and confined to a wheelchair. Fortunately, the disability is confined to the left side. Never have used my left foot to drive and the left arm is still with enough function to help out. I think I scare people when they see me getting in the drivers seat after seeing what it takes to just get in the car.

Comment

I still drive but not as much. As long as I'm not too fatigued I can drive. I have extreme weakness in my legs when I walk but can manage well when driving. In the spring I drove 180 miles round trip. Couldn't drive anymore for the rest of the week.So I stay close to home within 10 miles.
                        "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
                        Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Diagnosed 6 years ago, and yes, I still drive. As someone else mentioned, a/c is a given. I don't drive at night because of fatigue, and I avoid some high traffic areas because they make me feel anxious.
                          "I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

Comment

I drive with hand controls. I just can't get in and out of the car!
                            Seriously, it takes me a while, but I can do it.

Comment

Yes, why walk when you can drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X