Muscle twitching and Jerking Jumpy limbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle twitching and Jerking Jumpy limbs

Wondering if anyone can tell me if they have had muscle twitching and or jumpy , jerking arms or legs? While typing I have to watch as I seem to have a trigger finger too, which involuntarily presses the mouse or a wrong key on the keyboard. I had this when I first went to bed but now it is happening during the day and so frustrating as it happens out of the blue. My MS nurse put me on carbamazepine which helped for reduce the twitching especially at night but now during the day! Ive been told to incease this to one during the day so hoping it helps but would like to know if anyone has this and what causes it? What drug seems to have helped? Thanks Heather

Actually what you describe is not not trigger fnger there is a different name for it and the is something I read that helps when typing on this site it helps when your finger is help down to long and causes you to double type the letter. I have trigger finger in both my ring fingers, it is a condition where you bend a finger and it locks in the bent position, I've had several shots in the fingers to help, when you get trigger finger you have to manually pull your finger straight and it is extremely painfull, if the shots don't work they do a small operation to correction to correct it, I've always taken the shots and everytime they do it I swear the operation would be less painfull

Comment

Hi , Thanks for clarifying, I looked up trigger finger and it looks like it is very painful and annoying! What happens to me is just annoying. I just wish I knew what caused it as i didnt have it before, can onlhy think it is linked to my MS. Hopoing the carbamazepine calms the muscle impulses down.

Comment

I was put on Neurontin for hand tremors and exactly what you described with double hitting on the keyboard. The medication has also helped my pain.

Comment

Hey Heather,
          Not sure what system you have, I have windows 7 and this should take cere of the double letters, Go to Start menu and type in keyboard, it will give you several options but you want to turn on or check the box called sticky keys and I believe that is what gives you a delay when your finger holds down for to long, I've seen it explained on how to do it on here and was hoping they would post what to do but That is what you do for windows 7, probally most of the other poerating systems are the same, I have the same problem so I do go back and do a lot of corrections, I turned it on to see if it helps me.
          Hope this helps you

Comment

Thanks very much. Problem not so worrying here at home but more worrying at work as I send loads of emails to doctors everyday and they need to be just right. I will look into it . Will see how the carbamazepine goes too and will keep the neurontin there at the back of my mind to ask about if it does not improve. Heather

Comment

Working...
            X