Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say....

I LOVE my cooling vest!

It Makes such a difference after I put it on. Today, I have been busy cleaning and got really hot. Then I remembered it waiting for me in the freezer! Ahhhhhh! So nice! A world of difference!

It definitely keeps me going.
    Dx: 2001
    Currently on Tysabri since Dec 2010
    Feel lucky to be doing so well!

Shared Solutions cooling scarfs??

I had read somewhere, but I can't remember where, the Shared Solutions had sent them a cooling, or freezer scarf?? Is this true?? I hope so because I can't afford a cooling vest!!
    Thanks!
    Heather

Comment

MS Society sent me a cooling vest and I used it for the first time this week. It's not fashionable and is a size too big but the cooling effect lasted more than 4 hours. The cool packs also soothed my aching back.

Comment

I also got (and love) my cooling best from the MSAA...and Avonex sent me a freezer scarf thing...

Both are incredibly helpful!

Comment

I know the MS Society does give vests, I'm not sure about shared solutions and scarfs...

I ended up sucking up the cost and getting one of the "sporty" ones... I am very happy with it, but it doesn't stay cool all that long. It feels so good and helps do things I want/need to do! Therefore it is so worth it for me....

Comment

I appreciate this post very much as I have had heat related ms problems much worse this summer then in past.

I currently use a neck ice collar in velcro sleeve I got at local pharmacies with gel pack in it.

Its a miracle device for me

But hearing that the vests are great is helpful, maybe I will hunt one but Id like one that lasts longer...my neck ice only lasts an hour or so.

A vest would be great for getting in the hot car in summer since a/c cant cool the seats. And for events.

I wonder whats diff' w/ ones that last longer?

Thanks

Comment

Types of vests

Sloth... There are Different types of vests that are made of different things, for example, the Glacier Tek vest uses phase change material which stays cool for 4 plus hours. I tried this vest but I admit, I am too vain (it is big and bulky and looks a bit like a life preserver!). So I sent it back. I went with the Arctic Heat vest. It is "sleeker" and has pouches filled with gel. When you activate it with water then freeze it it stays cool for about 1 hour. It feels great! It is marketed toward athletics, but works well for me working round the house. I have also used it out bike riding and hiking with my family.

http://www.arcticheatusa.com/cooling...est_sizes.html

http://www.glaciertek.com/RPCM_Cooli...t/Therapy.aspx

Hope this helps.

Here is the link to the ActiveMSers forum discussing the vests.

Here are links:

Comment

Here is the link to MSAA for applying for a free vest, I just got mine and the whole process took less than 10 days and I got the one you wear under your shirt and also was the kit it was from Polar Ice

{{ URLhttp://www.msassociation.org/programs/URL}}

Comment

Working...
                X