Cataract surgery and messed up brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataract surgery and messed up brains

Has anyone here had cataract surgery? If so, I need to know how long it took for your brain to adjust to the new lens. (I'd go find a cataract support forum and ask, but since folks with MS have a different problems than normal folks, I need to hear it from someone who has had both.)

I had cataract surgery on my right eye yesterday, and my vision is pretty clear now in that eye at a distance, but I have a black rim on the edge of my peripheral vision, and my vision seems jumpy. I also seem to be having problems adjusting to the visual differences in my left and right eyes. I have exophoria anyway, which is where my eyes drift outward and which can cause double vision. My brain usually compensates, but it's not compensating for anything right now, and I'm seeing double.

They corrected my right eye for distance vision, but I'm now I'm very farsighted in that eye and can't see up close. I'm still nearsighted in my left eye, and I'm having to close my right eye to even see to type on my computer (and my bifocals are no help at all with my right eye now.)

I know it's early in my recovery from this surgery, but please tell me my goofy brain will get with the program soon and straighten this mess out. I hope I haven't made a horrible mistake in having this done! I'm a college instructor and am out all next week between semesters. I really hope I can see better than I am now by the time I go back, August 29!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Cataracts

My Dad had them ( no MS) He ended up after the healing getting different glasses. I think everyone with the surgery ended up with different strength glasses.
    Just don't let them talk you into ones that correct for double vision.
    Personally I would rather have them match the vision in my other eye unless you expect to have surgery on it too. Then I would opt for 20-20 correction!
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
    X