First Solu-Medrol Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Solu-Medrol Adventure

Last evening I got my first of 5 daily IV Solu-Medrol infusions, 1g in 100ml. The results have been about a 50% improvement across the board. My double vision has lessened. I don't look quite so drunk when I walk down the street. And the Cog Fog seems to have lifted a bit. I have had very minimal side effect impact. I woke last night a little clammy and the only taste issue I have is plain water. It just tastes strange. All in all I'm very happy with the results. My questions is will my symptoms continue to improve as I go through the 5 days, or is most of the improvement felt immediately?

Thanks,
    Kyle
    At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
    Last evening I got my first of 5 daily IV Solu-Medrol infusions, 1g in 100ml. The results have been about a 50% improvement across the board. My double vision has lessened. I don't look quite so drunk when I walk down the street. And the Cog Fog seems to have lifted a bit. I have had very minimal side effect impact. I woke last night a little clammy and the only taste issue I have is plain water. It just tastes strange. All in all I'm very happy with the results. My questions is will my symptoms continue to improve as I go through the 5 days, or is most of the improvement felt immediately?

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the site and I assume you are new to all this like I am. I had monthly infusions for 4 months and I think it helped, but it took 2-3 weeks to feel the effects. I have sensory symtoms like burning in the feet and legs, tingling, some pain and more fatigue than before. I decided to stop the steroids because of their dark side in terms of elevating blood sugar, weight gain, insomnia, etc. I would only agree to steroids again if I had a deficit or symptom like ON or loss of leg or arm control.

Hope you don't mind me asking but, what symptoms prompted your Neuro to put you on Solu Medrol? I hope the steroids work for you and you feel better soon.

Comment

My 2 major symptoms are muscle weakness in my legs, I can't seem to pick my feet up and walking 1/2 mile is my limit, double vision. I also have some cog fog and fine motor issues with my hands. The first thing I noticed, after the dose was that when the nurse asked me to sign a form, the pen felt right in my hand
      At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

You are fortunate to feel results so quickly.

I had IVSM once for ON, and didn't start to see results for about 5-6 days.

I think for most people it is 1-2 weeks before they see results.

Comment

Glad YOu Have Quick Relief

Hope you are back to baseline quickly. Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          X