update on mra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on mra

saw my pcp about the mra showing atherosclerosis, he says its from the inflammation caused by the disease process, but still not sure what disease...

so mra's on a regular basis for life to monitor that and the anuerysm...as well as meds of course. he says it may be another year or more before a more firm dx than "probable ms" can be made, have to see how it progresses...ugh. (guess that means we'll watch you suffer til we decide)

i cant be angry with him, he is actually helping me more than the neuro or rhum....(he is not happy with them) I have an emg on the 1st he hopes will help, as well as mmore tests the 12th....

just thought i would update. I hate this stuff. though, anything new shows and he wants to use steroid therapy to help...guess thats good...
    your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

I'm Sorry

You are having so much trouble. Hugs to you. They can't do anything about the anuerysm? That's scary!

Comment

MRA

What is an MRA (I'm being lazy and not looking it up, sorry)?

Is it a different type of MRI to maybe show vascular changes?

Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
        What is an MRA (I'm being lazy and not looking it up, sorry)?

Is it a different type of MRI to maybe show vascular changes?

Diane
        magnetic resonance angiogram or something...blood supply viens in your head are seen.

Comment

MRA

mra does look at the veins and the flow, so can see occlusions, slow flow, strokes, aneurysms etc..

the aneurysm is 2mm, so its small, they will "watch" it for changes, and if it "grows", i guess they'll do something then.

I know its small, as they say, but cant help feeling like a walking time bomb. dealing with that and all the sx's is hard...

the heat today killed me, eyes are shot, i swelled up, ughh. i hate that i'm not really being "treated"....it hurts! but i guess all i can do is continue getting tested..

thank you for your support and cyber hugs, it helps to talk about things with others who understand...most dont..
          your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X