Standing, the nightmare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standing, the nightmare.

I'm (sort of) able to walk, not for long, and not down and/or up hills, or even gentle slopes, but after five minutes I find standing still nearly impossible.
    This is fine when there's a seat to be found, but hideous otherwise. Since my 'out and proud' thing (no, not gay), people do try to find me a chair.
    Just thought I'd share.

I have the same thing; I can walk a little, but I can't stand in one place any more. Leaning on something helps, but not much.

Have you considered getting a rolling walker of the kind that also acts as a chair if needed? Mine has saved me many times.

Comment

My standing is not good either- balance is bad. Have to lean or grab on to something. Your not alone on this!

Comment

I'm feeling your pain

My standing/walking nightmare started in 3/09. Since then my going from a sitting to s standing position is tenious (shaky) at best...I'm still working on it in PT. I occasionally get enough strength stand at the stove to cook or sink to wash dishes. Still trying to apply what I get from exercising.....

I read your post and could feel your pain....I just wanted to acknowledge and say I think your brave to be "out and about"....keep trying. You will find a way..Feel good when victorys come when they come..keep your head up and your spirit positive as much as you can.

We will be here when you want to talk
        [I]Tellnhelen
        Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Working...
        X