Varicose Veins/Leg Numbness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varicose Veins/Leg Numbness

Last week I was in the hospital 5 days for Solu-Medrol IV for the first time. I woke up the week before with low vision in my left eye.

On the morning I was to be discharged, I woke up swollen and bloated. I was told by my neuro and the nurse that this was normal for the IV and steroids, and it should get better within a couple of days-which it did.

I also noticed that the varicose veins behind my left knee (I'm not riddled with them, just a couple) that have never bothered me before were a little sore. I attributed this at the time to the swelling.

I am now numb from the hips down-I am just assuming that this is all just part of the relapse. The swelling is long gone, but the pain in my legs has gotten worse. The veins are painful to even the slightest of touch and throb.

I plan to call my neuro tomorrow morning to tell him of the developments, but I thought I would throw this out there tonight to see if anyone else has had an issue with varicose veins and their numbness affecting them?
Working...
X