Face Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face Burning

I have had bouts with my skin on my arms and back feeling like they are burning for years. This is nothing new to me.
    But today I visited my daughter who was babysitting at the time and held the 8 month old baby that was in her care. He of course immediately went for my glasses and pulled them off my face. As he was doing this he pinched my cheek a little bit. It was nothing that even hurt.
    I walked out of there with severe burning radiating from my eye to my chin on that side of my face. Now it has been over 12 hours later and the burning is really getting to me. So much so that I can't even sleep.
    I have checked and rechecked my face to see if maybe he did scratch me a bit, but there is nothing.
    Is this normal?
    DX 10/26/11

I know what you mean...

and I thought it was just me, because I had only heard of paresthesia with gentle contact.

Though I get residual burning feeling from things like hem of my skirt touching my leg, or the light touch of a wisp or hair on my cheek I also get it at times from pressure touch or rougher touch. But strangely not always and not everywhere. Gentle touch I am more sensitive to on my face and rougher touch on the palms of my hand or back of my leg. Go figure. (I also always expected to see a rash or a burn or something. But nada. So weird!!)

In any case it never lasted more than a half an hour (though it was very easily triggered on the same spot) and I havnt had it (yay! yay!) in a while.

I hope some other people have some wisdom to share on this matter and good luck and I hope this goes away for you soon!!
    *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

I'm not sure if it's normal or not but lately my whole face feels like it is burning, almost a sunburnt feeling, even my lips are burning and it don't feel like the normal burning feeling other parts of my body feels, I've been blaming the Rebif as it has caused me to have high fevers lately and both are new lately but also a lot of stress in life right now.
      I hope you can get relief soon

Comment

Thank goodness it isn't just me. I thought gosh maybe I'm just going crazy.
        The burning on my face almost felt like a chemical burn and was extremely painful.
        It is gone now today.
        DX 10/26/11

Comment

Face burning came back so I went to Urgent Care hoping they could give me something for the pain.
          They said "Well this is something neurological" ...Really? You think?
          The Dr there gave me and anti-inflammatory...I hope this works because it is killing me
          DX 10/26/11

Comment

This is what sent me back to the doctor

After a few years of no sx the shooting burning in the face sent me back to my family dr. Have a neuro appt today. They did give me Neurotin. I'm foggy headed but still hurting.

Comment

Switched my meds today

Family doc gave me neurontin yesterday. Neuro today said stop and take Baclofen. Seems to me like the neurontin would be better. Isn't Baclofen a muscle relaxer and neurontin a nerve pain med?
              “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
              X