Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I am new here

Hi everyone, I am new here.

My mom has MS, Primary Progressive. She was diagnosed in her lat 40's and is 66 now. She is non-ambulatory, lives at home with her mom who is 90 and a 24/7/365 caregiver. I joined this forum because I need to help my mom "live with MS", not "die with MS". She is at a point in her disease where she has to make some changes in order to maintain her independence and I don't know where to go for help with these issues. She is not currently on any MS therapies, other than AP4 (Ampyra).

I will be posting some questions in the other forums to see if I can get some help with specific issues like hoyer lifts, car travel, wheelchairs, etc.

Thanks for being here.

Hello Chicagogurl

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

It sounds like you are a very caring daughter - your Mom is fortunate to have you

I'm sorry your Mom has PPMS and is non-ambulatory. That's got to be difficult. I have PPMS also. I was dx'd at 42 yrs old. I've had it now for 11 years. Fortunately I can still walk with roller walker (cane for short distances). I'm grateful for that.

Hopefully you will benefit from the various forums. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can start your own thread asking for responses.

Best wishes to you and your Mom, and Grandma, and the caregiver too!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

welcome!!!!!!! great to have you. sorry for the reasons. ask away, with so many members someone has probably had experience with the issue. good luck.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X