just found out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just found out

i have a thyroid problem.apparently its an underachiever.i cant see the endocrinologist til Dec.
    this should be fun waiting.

i am scared.Does anyone know anything bout this?

D
    Blessed be
    Diane

Underactive Thyroid is treated with medication, such as Synthroid.

I'm sure there is probably a reason you will be seeing an endocrinologist but a PCP can treat and prescribe medication for under active Thyroid.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

my mom has hypothyriod disorder. it runs in the family through the women, so my chances of getting it are likely.

it isn't something to be overly worried about. there are meds for it (and in pill form)

best of luck
      Learn from yesterday
      Live for today
      Hope for tomorrow

Comment

I have hypo thyroid, which is what it is called if you underproduce. I take a little blue pill a day (Synthroid) and it is no big deal. The pills have no side affects on me. My big problem is that prior to being diagnosed I had gained 100+ lbs and they couldn't figure out why. Now it is next to impossible to shed the weight.

Otherwise..no big deal. You may notice you sleep alot, dry skin, brittle hair, excessive thirst, weight loss/gain.
        When life hands you lemons, you better start making alot of lemonaide.

Comment

oh and synthroid is cheap!!
          When life hands you lemons, you better start making alot of lemonaide.

Comment

I also have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), and I take Synthroid every morning at least an hour before breakfast. It has worked well for me, much better than the generics I've tried. Synthroid isn't expensive, so I don't mind paying for it.

It's easy for doctors to get thyroid function tests. My Internist keeps an eye on my levels.
            Auntie Lori (SPMS, taking LDN since 8/04)
            Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

I have hypothyroidism. I have had it for 2 years. I take synthroid in the morning to treat it.

Comment

I've been on synthroid for 1 yr. I feel so much better! It took me 8 months to regulate it. Listen to your body and argue with your dr. if you need to. I find that I have to feel really sluggish before it shows up on my blood test.

Comment

Thyroid

It really no big deal, but it can control your weight and Weather you are hot or cold in what ever the temp is outside. Sythroid is cheap and has very little side effects. I have had none in all the years I've been taking it.

Comment

If you are on Betaseron this can be a result of the therapy according to the package insert.

Comment

Hypothyroid

I too was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. This is a direct result of taking Rebif for my MS. I take generic levothyroxin once a day and my TSH levels have been normal ever since. I purchase it at the Target pharmacy and it is on their $4 list.

Comment

is this why i am losing my hair????
                        its very disturbing
                        Blessed be
                        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by graybird View Post
                          is this why i am losing my hair????
                          its very disturbing
                          Yes, hypothyroidism can cause thining and brittle hair.

Medication will help.

More information:
                          http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/h...idism-symptoms
                          Diagnosed 1984
                          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have a slow thyroid too. MS surely influences it, so I have to have my levels checked every 6 months. If the levels wobble because MS is toying with it, I need to have the levels checked every 3 months.

Comment

I have had hypothyroidism since I was 10 or 11 and they put me on Synthroid, but I took generic(levothyroxine) and have had no problems. They usually check my levels every 6 months. There are alot of thyroid symptoms that are like ms.

Comment

Working...
                              X