Neuro Follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuro Follow up

Well I had my follow up with my neuro yesterday and for the most part everything went well. He is sending me to an opthamologist to establish baseline readings. He seemed to be concerned that I was still having troubles with current and new sx since I have been on Avonex for 4 months. He explained to my wife that I will always have sx but the degree with which I describe them does not seem normal.

I told him I can handle the sx but the one thing that has me concerned is walking to a room and forgetting why I was there or what I went for. I conceded that it comes with age and that it happens to everyone from time to time but it seems to happen far too often. He did say that some of the meds (neurontin and elavil) I take will cause memory problems. He cutback my neurontin and I am now tapering off of elavil.

He offered to switch me to Gilenya and politely and quickly declined. He got a laugh from that. I told him I really do not mind the shot. I sort of got the feeling he is thinking the Avonex is not working or worse yet the MS is progressing. I don't kow maybe it is just my imagination working overtime. He never said what he was thinking nor did I ask.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
    I sort of got the feeling he is thinking the Avonex is not working or worse yet the MS is progressing. I don't kow maybe it is just my imagination working overtime. He never said what he was thinking nor did I ask.
    Why did'nt you ask? Taking Avonex is serious stuff...and he is clearly ready to pull the plug. I remember you being PPMS. I feel that for us, the Neuroogists are skeptical and ready to "run the gamut" of available DMD's at the first sign of negative side affects or results. I feel my Neuro. does not recommend other DMD's because of my bad reaction to Avonex.

I would have really drilled him about the use of DMD's and what his thoughts were...in a no BS needed kind of way.
    It's not too late to call him and have that conversation.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X