Lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasik

Has anyone with MS had Lasik eye surgery. I am blind as a bat and thinking about it.

Not Lasik, but I'm having cataract surgery Thursday. It's supposed to help my nearsightedness tremendously, though with the lens I'm getting, I'll still have to have reading glasses.

They have a new lens now that actually allows you to have all three ranges of vision (distance, near, and intermediate.) I wish I could afford that one! But it's $2500 and my insurance won't cover it.

Sorry, I know this didn't answer your question at all. Just me rattling on again because I'm so excited that I'm going to get to see again!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Good luck. The Lasik here in NY is $4000!

Comment

Fantastic Shashi!

Comment

I considered having lasik but then decided not to do it. I have had numerous episodes of optic neuritis, and decided that I am fortunate to have recovered from that and still have normal (corrected) vision with glasses/contacts. Even though the risk of complications from the surgery is low, I thought it was too risky to have surgery on a basically healthy eye (even if I am near-sighted) just to avoid glasses or contacts.

Now I have "monovision" glasses where one eye is still a little nearsighted so I can read the newspaper or computer up close, but the other eye is 20/30 so I can read the highway signs and other things in the distance. That way I don't need reading glasses.

I do have a lot of friends who have had lasik (none with MS though) and they have been very happy with it. Especially a couple who are commercial airline pilots, so they could not do their job without 20/20 vision uncorrected.

Comment

I had lasik about 10 or 12 years ago and I have loved it. My vision was 20/200 and I could not do anything without my glasses or contacts. I have to wear reading glasses because of the aging of the eyes but I can still see far away. One of the best things I ever did for myself. It's worth it even if you have to pay payments!!!

Comment

Lasik

In 1998 they used to do RK-the doctor cuts your eye. For some reason my eyes didn't like being cut so the doctor them did the Lasik.

I'm sooo happy I had it done, save lots of money not needing glasses other than for sun.

Doctor was not concerned about the MS since I had never had a vision issue.

Toot
              toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
              Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Working...
              X