Neuro Appt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuro Appt

my symptoms have changed again (double vision now, etc etc) and my neuro said i should get an eye shield to use. anybody else use shields? also, for the parents, did u use or start using copaxone during any pregnancy? he wants a 2nd opinion from thom jefferson univ before he starts me on copaxone. just wondering.....

I have not heard of an eye shield. My eyes just get blurry sometimes but have not had double vision. Am past child bearing age so the copaxone has not affected that for me. ha ha ha I can see where it would be a concern for you. Hang in there! We can do this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tiffdulla View Post
      my symptoms have changed again (double vision now, etc etc) and my neuro said i should get an eye shield to use.
      Hi tiffdulla:
      An eye shield is more than you need for double vision. An eye shield is a piece of hard plastic or metal that's meant to be taped to the face, or a set of hard plastic goggles, intended to protect the eye(s) from (further) injury. (That's why they're called shields.) I'm sure what your neuro meant to say was eye patch -- the cheap "pirate" triangle thingy with the elastic strap that's meant just to keep a eye closed or to block vision. If you go to the drugstore and ask/look for an eye shield, you're going to get something different than what you're expecting!

Comment

I had eye issues seeing double and I also had to wear an eye patch looked like a pirates patch it did help

Comment

I just got over double vision and my Neuro had me get a EYE PATCH...I got my from Walgreen's.

As far as your DMD and pregnancy I'm sure there is a thread on here about it. If you just do a search for it. I had all my kids before I ever new I had MS so it wasn't something I needed to worry about. But I feel like I read that you don't take the meds and carry baby at the same time.

My Neuro said one of the best things for MS is being pregnate...something with your hormones...like I can remember what she said...lol But I do remember she said she thinks that it hide my sx for so long because I had kids in 4 yrs...
          DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Working...
          X