Changes in SXS due to Altitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes in SXS due to Altitude

Has anyone else noticed a change in symptoms when at a higher or lower altitude or elevation?

We just returned from a trip to southern CA at the beach. The weather was cool...cloudy in the morning and sun in the afternoon. Since my dx two years ago, this is the best I have ever felt...I even made it around Legoland for 5 hours and swam in the ocean with my kids! Since returning home my daughters have commented on how noticeably different I was in CA and now I wondering if we need to move to sea level! :-)

Our family is now back in Colorado (the Mile High City) to the 90 degree days that seem endless this year. Any comments on experience with altitude changes are appreciated! THANKS!

I grew up in California and had symptoms in childhood. My husband and I moved to Colorado 2 years after getting married. I have done Calif. to Colo. numerous times through the years.

In answer to your question: No, I have never noticed a change in symptoms due to altitude or elevation changes.

The difference you notice could be due to the cooler temps you experience in Calif. vs. the hotter temps in Colo.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Altitude

I have the opposite reaction. I feel great in high altitude. Any time I am in the mountains, I have a decrease in symptoms and more energy. It usually is cooler though.

Katherine

Comment

Originally posted by KatW View Post
        Any time I am in the mountains, I have a decrease in symptoms and more energy. It usually is cooler though.
        My guess is it's the cooler temps found in the mountains and not the altittude.

I love heading for the mountains in the summer...much cooler
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have a lot more symptoms in heat and humidity than where it is cool and dry. I used to live in Colorado and made frequent trips to California to visit friends, and to Florida to visit relatives. Other than the air being too think to breathe at sea level, I never noticed changes in my MS symptoms due to change in altitude.

Now I am living at 7,000 feet and it is great, almost never gets hot, and in this near-desert, there is no humidity either.

Comment

The cooler temps were probably what had the most effect, and low humidity. Also, at sea level the Oxygen in the air has a more beneficial effect due to the higher pressure. At altitude you can feel very poor due to the lower air pressure. Since it was so good I would go back as much as possible, couldn't move there with all the stress.
            Bill
            Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

recently I went from Dallas Texas to Colorado Springs, CO. On the first day the change in temp made me ill. I had twitches in my arm, and I could not walk.

The next day, the fatigue, twitching and walking issues were gone. I walked four miles that day.

I know it was because of the change from hotter than hell to the cooler climate. I do not think the altitude had anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
              X