help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help?

Had a spinal tap come back extremely abnormal. I suspect MS but MRI's are all negative for lesions but I have never had my t-spine checked for lesions but I do have what they call "bilateral hyperintensities". I have the L'herrmittes sign, numbness, tingling, severe migraines, nerve pain, neuropathy in my feet, and lately having bowel problems. Almost as if they don't want to move regardless of what type of medicine I take. The spinal tap results were:
    Protein:61
    Albumin, CSF, quan:43.1
    Lymphocyte: 87
    monocyte: 12
    CD 19:589
    IgG, CSF/ser: 1.09
    CNS IgG syn rate: 21.7
    Albumin index: 10.26
    oligo interp: 10 bands
    I had 12 bands in my CSF & 2 in my blood serum. My neuro is not telling me much about these test results other than calling it "inflammation" and ignores my questions about MS. I was just wondering if these finds are consecutive with some sort of disease or what exactly they mean?

HANG IN THERE!

courte,
    i'm not sure what all the tests mean, but i do know how it feels when YOU know something is definitely wrong with your body but the drs don't seem to be listening or aren't telling you enough.

it's an awful feeling not knowing. keep asking that's what they're paid for. if you can't get answers, you may want to consider another dr.
    they're not 'fits all sizes' . some ya click with others aren't just aren't for you no matter how well recommended they are.
    hang in there, you know your body better than anyone. keep pushing until you get some real answers. you deserve to know what's wrong with your body and what can be done to help you get better.

take care and God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
    X