So ITCHY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ITCHY!!!

So for as long as I can remember, I have always been ITCHY!!! All day, in just about everywhere imaginable!!!
    Does anyone else have this issue??? If you do, help!!
    What do you do to help alleviate the itchiness?? I have scratches everywhere, and my two year old commented that mommy looks like a tiger xD

It can be a form of MS tingling. Call your neuro, but in the meantime, ice packs help. Cool off the area a little.

Comment

Oh yeah; can relate.

Originally posted by KalikaLily View Post
      So for as long as I can remember, I have always been ITCHY!!! All day, in just about everywhere imaginable!!!
      Does anyone else have this issue??? If you do, help!!
      What do you do to help alleviate the itchiness?? I have scratches everywhere, and my two year old commented that mommy looks like a tiger xD
      Who knew> I never thought itching would be a symptom of MS!

There is not a lot of attention paid to itching as an MS symptom, yet since I'd posted about mine, I seem to see more people with the ITCH.

Mine is different from yours; right side, two spots and intense.

Ice doesn't seem to help much anymore. After awhile it's seems as if the area becomes desensitized to it (in my case). I got out a new soft toothbrush and have used it on my itch. Doesn't break the skin.

There are numerous 'itching' tools. Nail files, emery boards, all kinds of brushes etc. Some have long handles which means you aren't contorted trying to itch a part that is a long way from your hand or in a difficult place to reach.

Some people get relief from Benedryl. That dries me out and makes me so sleepy.

Keep trying. Good Luck, Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Thanks for posting guys.
        The ice doesnt work for me either (although it keeps ms nice and cool!!) and nor does any of the creams I have tried.
        I'm glad to hear you only have it a few spots because having it everywhere is craaaaazy!!!!
        I never thought of it as being a symptom either, but the more research I have been doing into MS medications and symptoms, the more I was finding on it!
        So I figured I would post in here to see if anyone had any insites

Comment

Working...
        X