Swollen gums during a relapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swollen gums during a relapse?

I am 6 weeks into a difficult relapse and among many symptoms, I have swollen gums, not red, not painful, but lots of pressure. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this symptom during a relapse. I feel like my teeth are being pushed out of my mouth!
    RRMS since 2008
    Copaxone 2010
    Tysabri Oct. 2013

I had that and you describe it exactly as i experienced it---but it was not do to a relapse it was from hives i had acquired from the meds. swollen gums/mouth report this to doc as it indicates something that could possibly interference with the breathing path if worsened.

i did report it, nothing was done but i off loaded the responsibility of dealing with it on him, not me. i think that's what patients are suppose to do. tell the doc then let the doc do his job.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Swollen gums sounds like an allergic reaction to something. Talk to your Doctor about it just to make sure it is not related to any type of Anaphylaxis reaction.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I agree with the others...def' get it checked out especially incase its an allergic reaction (they can come in odd ways and get worse everytime..Ive had many).

That could be a sx of so many things Id check it out and not assume ms, it doesnt sound directly like ms to me.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I spoke to my neuro about it yesterdy and he did not seem concerned. I also had my primary care doctor take a look at my mouth and she believed it was related to the relapse and did not feel it was an allergic reaction or an infection of any sort, since there is not redness. I do feel a lot of pressure in my mouth and head during this relapse, so maybe it is ms doing funky things. It's always good to hear from others. Thank you!
          RRMS since 2008
          Copaxone 2010
          Tysabri Oct. 2013

Comment

Working...
          X