Leg Muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg Muscles

Does anyone else have really hard leg muscles? Feeling my legs, you'd think I was a runner. They're as hard as rocks, both my calves and my thighs. (Too bad I can't say the same for my tummy or my bum!) But I get little or no exercise at all.

I'm guessing this is a result of spasticity, which I've had for the last five years. Anyone else have legs of steel?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Yes- my left calf is usually very hard during the day and evening. But when I get up it is loose. Also my left leg is bigger around in the calf and ankle. I take 30 mils of baclofen a day to keep that nasty and painful spasticity away!

I do get exercise most days on my recumbent bike. Gotta keep these legs moving!

Comment

Yep!

I was "trying" to exercise today. My legs were shaking so hard, as if they were extremely weak, that i couldn't do it. I actually reached down and felt the front and back of my thighs and calves, and yep, they felt rock solid! I guess that would be one possitive thing about spasticity!!
      , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Leg muscles

My legs are hard and extremely painful. If i try to exercise it makes it even worse. The pain is so unbearable sometimes I think I have bone cancer. I am on diazapam, but that doesn't seem to be working as well anymore.

I am so depressed over this pain sometimes I wish I didn't have feeling at all. My neuro is sending me to Boston again, thinks something else is going on. But has treated me for MS and fibro for 11 years. I'm also having another emg, in a month. Still haven't heard from Boston. Everything is so slow, all the while I have to live in pain.

So done with all this!

Comment

Yes. It is only in my right leg. I have had this for a year and a half now. It is my worst sx.

I hope your legs will get better and i hope you are feeling better soon.

(((((hugs)))))

Comment

YESSS in both legs, calves thighs. Yes it feels ROCK HARD
            like I am a runner..yeah right.

Baclofen makes them more " pliable"...

Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

leg muscles

BTW..thanks for the encouraging words on the LP.

I'm very new here; my final diagnosis not yet given. But I, too, have very hard calf muscles and for no apparent reason. Is this really a symptom of MS? How does one keep up and/or keep track???
              "Tona Naze"
              Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

Comment

Working...
              X